Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fodc8

ASTAR is pleased to announce preparations for several
new hire pilot classes. Pilot interviews are scheduled for next week and the first class will start
on April 7th. Additional classes are planned for May 5th and June 2nd.
We welcome referrals for new hires and ask that you please forward the names to Human
Resources or the Chief Pilots office. Preferential review will be provided to pilots that are current
and qualified as a B727 Second Officer.​
We appreciate your continued support as we ramp up the training process.

Should be interesting to see how many apply based on the new contract. Company says the number of resumes received has not reduced due to pilot negotiations.

Last edited:
There was a thread a while back now that discussed the number of YEARS a new hire will spend sitting sideways if hired by Astar. Funny thing (amidst all the talk of DHL downsizing, etc) is that Emery hired bigtime right up to the big furlough and eventual shutdown. This is one of those things that seems like it could go either way.

That first-year pay scale is pretty bad (<32k/yr). Apparently the negotiators didn't really give a S%#t about any new hires.

Last edited:
Hmm... and what's the first year at your airline?

I think he is at ATI. To do apples to apples, you would have to compare years 1-9 DC-8 S/O pay. In this case, ATI wins.

Yr 1 ATI $59
YR 2- $70
YR 3- $77
YR 4- $83
Yr 5- $85
Yr 6- $88
Yr 7-$90
YR 8-$93
Yr 9 $96

Yr 9 Astar $88.50

I think he is at ATI. To do apples to apples, you would have to compare years 1-9 DC-8 S/O pay. In this case, ATI wins.

Yr 1 ATI $59
YR 2- $70
YR 3- $77
YR 4- $83
Yr 5- $85
Yr 6- $88
Yr 7-$90
YR 8-$93
Yr 9 $96

Yr 9 Astar $88.50

If that's so, aren't ATI's backseaters PFE's? I was just surprised at the comment since we're the fourth highest paid airline in the country behind UPS, FedEx, and ABX.

If that's so, aren't ATI's backseaters PFE's?

If ATI guys upgrade to captain within the 1st 10 years, they would still beat us, but by a bigger amount. This example only showed the 1st 10 years...new guy to 10 years.

I was just surprised at the comment since we're the fourth highest paid airline in the country behind UPS, FedEx, and ABX.

Captains maybe, but not new hires. This contract probably has our captains the 4th highest paid in the country. No arguments there. Just addressing the ATI guys claim.... I don't think anyone was even expecting new hires this soon. (The bottom 50 at least were calculating how many numbers between them and the anticipated furloughs.)

Last edited:
True Air. With the supposed refleet, I wasn't expecting any new hires either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back