Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthewind

When will spring be here?
Currently I am the only captain qualified jet pilot at this shooty company. We have three Lear jets and one non-mgmnt captain. The company has decided that to tetain us they will force us to take out one year loans for our training. I have basically had to organize an in house 'union'. No pilot that is here will agree to take a loan so that we can have the 'honor' of being the lowest paid learjet pilots in the entire world.
The other captain quit last week after being harrassed for writing up broken airplanes and refusing to take off in 0/0 weather. I have yet to be faced with similar decisions, but it is just a matter of time. I will refuse and we'll see what happens.
BTW..they want me to be a Lear60 Captain for 36.5k what a joke!

LOL< what are their minimums, I need to send a resume quick...before the job is taken!

36.5K is not even suitable for a 60 FO. Seems to me like same $hit different pile...problem is there's enough backstabbers out there that would be happy to take it. I would try to find another job but stay employed for as long as possible while doing it. Good luck.

BOZO said:
36.5K is not even suitable for a 60 FO. Seems to me like same $hit different pile...problem is there's enough backstabbers out there that would be happy to take it. I would try to find another job but stay employed for as long as possible while doing it. Good luck.

That's exactly what my plan is. I'm working a couple of different options. When I went to work there I had just gotten furloughed from Indy Air and I had no idea about how the pay at one of these outfits should be. Now that I have found out what the market is, I am working at getting out of here as quickly as possible.

The really scary thing is, that they get five or six resume's a week from guys that want to work here.

Now it makes sense why my buddy left! How'd that job at the clothing company work out? They going to have you stocking anytime soon?

FlyingFisherman said:
Now it makes sense why my buddy left! How'd that job at the clothing company work out? They going to have you stocking anytime soon?
Hoping to be there in a month or so! I'll let everyone know as soon as I get the job.

Latest resources

Back