• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASE climb requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are 2 twin engine aircraft that I know will make the climb gradient one is the GV light on gas (only like 16000lbs) or enough to go anywhere in the US the other is a global express light on gas (enough to go to Denver)

Hope this helps

My understanding is that the 3.3 is a standard gross climb gradient under TERPS. However, where ceiling and vis mins or alternative climb gradients are published for a particular departure procedure, they apply--for IFR/IMC operations. The Part 23/25 single engine climb requirements overlap and are actually less than the 3.3, because they do not take IFR/IMC or particular obstacle avoidance into account. Not sure if 135 changes things, but if you have 3100-3, you'll need at least the Part 23/25 climb requirements to 3100 (for a "visual climb" to 3100) and then 3.3 after that. But I think you would need to remain within 3 miles of the airport to 3100 agl. And if you maneuver to do that, consider the effects of your maneuvering on your climb gradient. The net second segment climb gradient under Part 23/25 is something like 1.6%---pretty slim. ( I am interpreting the 460 feet per nm to apply only to the 1000 & 2 wx mins, although it is a bit unclear.)

Last edited:
No way! And don't forget to figure the anti-ice on penalty to the climb gradients.

Approach climb charts can even restrict arrival ops in some aircraft. My MU300 was weight restricted flying *into* Gunnison a few weeks ago because of "Anti-ice ON Approach Climb" requirements.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back