Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BRA

Rollins Rules!
After having my resume sent in to ASA by one of their captains, i got something in the mail from ASA wanting copies of all my stuff. Plus things to sign so they can check my driving record and past employers. The letter said they are not doing inteviews, but they are getting ready for the future. What do you think are my chances of getting an interview sometime in the future. it seems like good news to me.

Hey if ASA is asking information about you is a real good thing. Yes there has been limited hiring this year but who knows what may happen tomorrow. That is what makes the airline industry very exciting. One day you hear that an airline is not hiring and then the next day they change their mind. My suggestion for you is to get yourself prep for the interview cause you may never know when you get that phone call. Keep your flying skills and knowledge up to standards cause once they call you, there is no looking back.

The future of ASA is looking good with all the expansion the upper management been talking about. Once our contract is settled, we will join our fellow brothers at Comair and Delta and compete with the other airline carriers. Good luck and hopefully will see you at ASA in the future.:cool:

asa

BRA
got the same package, letter said they are not interviewing and the information provided will be use to make a determination as to whether or not you will be selected for a phone screening and possible on-site interview.

It also said they will not process any paperwork until after successful interview.

Lots of information to provide with no guarantee interview.

lots of luck, hope we get the call...

BRA AND JORGE,

JUST WONDERING. HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR ASA TO RESPOND WITH THE PAPERWORK THEY SENT YOU.
I HAVE MY STUFF IN AND I WAS WONDERING HOW LONG IT TAKES THEM. I AM HOPING SOON BECAUSE I AM GETTING READY TO BE FURLOUGHED (ALG)
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hey when I mailed them my resume I heard from them about a week later and got scheduled for an interview a month later and 10 days later I got the call. If you have any more questions, feel free to send me an email

;)

I had been having that captain bring resumes in for me since like november. The last one i sent i got the package with the application shortly after. Does anyone know what plane the new hires go into? I doubt anything is gonna happen anytime soon though. Like not till next year, i don't know.

a co worker of mine got the crj700. he starts in july i believe. ill get conformation on that and post it when i get the info.
thanks again
dash

BRA said:
I had been having that captain bring resumes in for me since like november. The last one i sent i got the package with the application shortly after. Does anyone know what plane the new hires go into? I doubt anything is gonna happen anytime soon though. Like not till next year, i don't know.

BRA, it looks like most of the new hires in training now are going to the E-120 in DFW. A few got the CRJ in DFW and ATL. I have heard that some are going to the CRJ-700. This saves the Company a lot of money, because our lame contract lets them do this with new hires and they do not have to pay by-pass pay to all of those who already work here and have a bid in for the CRJ.

If you go to the E-120 expect to be there a long time, as the Company will do the same thing to you.

Good luck!

sleepy said:
I have heard that some are going to the CRJ-700. This saves the Company a lot of money, because our lame contract lets them do this with new hires and they do not have to pay by-pass pay to all of those who already work here and have a bid in for the CRJ.

If you go to the E-120 expect to be there a long time, as the Company will do the same thing to you.

My understanding is that the company is interpreting the bypass pay portion of the contract on a one for one basis, although that is not stipulated in the working agreement. A grievance is going forward on the issue to clear up the matter.

I got stuck on the E120, but it was not bad - I got CRJ pay but could work more hours, get a better schedule (off reserve) and was paid CRJ rates.

The CRJ700 FO slot does not pay enough for the senior guys to lose their schedules on the 200. $3.00 an hour extra is not worth taking a 57 hour line, or sitting reserve, when the alternative on the 200 is 90 hours a month and going out in Monterrey, or Toronto. However, I would be surprised if new hires are going in the 700 since it requires both the 200 and 700 training cycles and the "free" 700 slots will get used up quick...

There are rumors of an increase in the 700 deliveries that have not been checked out yet. If these are true, it might explain why they would put a new hire there.

Good luck, depending on what happens with ALPA's attempts to scope Connection this might be a real good, or a real bad time, time to join the ASA team. It's a good place to work!

ASA paperwork

Sure, it's a good sign. I'd complete the paperwork and sent it back to them. You never know; it might arrive just as they're picking up the phone and you could be called, especially if you had an internal recommendation. In the meantime, review the paperwork for the documents they're seeking, such as driving records, etc., and order the same documents. Do that and you'll know what they know about you. Doing that helps level the playing field come interview time.

Good luck with getting the interview.

Latest resources

Back