• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Winter Flying Increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United is expected to announce the decision to renew, or not renew, the contract with Mesa tomorrow.

Odds are the United CRJ200 flying is going away this spring. If this is the case we could more than likely have no other choice but to file bankruptcy. Otherwise the cost of the leases on those parked 200’s would be enough to finish us off anyway.

Fun times…

IAD UAL flying announcement tomorrow, no recalls however.

So according to your source, we're going to pick up this United flying but not recall any furloughs or upgrade any of the recent displacements? Seems like we're barely staffed for what we're doing right now, how would we handle new flying? Is this new work just going to prevent the loss of the 20 CR2's we were going to lose on the Delta side?

Odds are the United CRJ200 flying is going away this spring. If this is the case we could more than likely have no other choice but to file bankruptcy. Otherwise the cost of the leases on those parked 200’s would be enough to finish us off anyway.

Fun times…

I'm.... sorry???

I'm.... sorry???

No need to be sorry. If we have to file for chapter 11 it will be an opportunity to shed airframes we cannot find a home for (Including the EMB145’s?) and shore up our other contracts. Of course that will mean some pretty deep furloughs for our pilot group.

It’s all just speculation on my part.

No need to be sorry. If we have to file for chapter 11 it will be an opportunity to shed airframes we cannot find a home for (Including the EMB145’s?) and shore up our other contracts. Of course that will mean some pretty deep furloughs for our pilot group.

It’s all just speculation on my part.

I've said it before and it definitely applies here, I don't wish any ill will towards the Mesa pilot group. I know they are folks just like myself that just want to do the job, earn a paycheck and feed their families.

I do wish nothing but the worst to J.O. as I feel he truly represents all that is wrong with this industry. He's the Leo Mullins/Frank Lorenzo of the regional airlines and the sooner MAG folds, the sooner he'll be out of the aviation industry.

If Mesa goes Chapter 11 and survives, instead of Chapter 7 liquidation, it will just allow JO to gut what's left of your QOL and contract. If he can lower his costs, he'll continue to put downward pressure on the rest of the regionals.

Well with BH writing his weekly update a few days late due to being busy and also stating that he has NO DOUBT that an opportunity is headed our way, I'd have to say the rumblings are looking extremely good...

Latest resources

Back