ASA, Whats up?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jed

I'm hearing alot about ACA and Comair. I know that ASA has started interviewing again and it looks like some movement with youguys and girls. Can anyone tell me what upgrade time and reserve times are looking like? Is this new contract going to make alot of waves or are you all going to re-negotiate when the economy picks up? Shoot me straight! Thanks ahead of time.
jed

If ASA is hiring, how do you send them info. I see no info on this in their web site! Fax # or address if anyone knows.

Their website says they aren't hiring, but other people from the inside at ASA are saying they are. Can anyone clear this up?

ASA has had three new hire classes this year with the latest being in May(all at about 20 each). I am told from a reliable source at the G.O. that there will be a June class as well and each month thereafter is evaluated month to month.
As far as getting them a resume, the fax number is in the AirInc. newsletter. Capt. Julie Ellis is the POC. They have resumed limited interviewing and it seems that from the feedback I received from a friend who was successful that all who interviewed with him had strong recommendations from within.

With respect to reserve and upgrades it depends on whether or not we continue to hire and attrition which is currently zero. If hiring continues and deliveries of jets continue at three a month or so, then both promise to be fairly quick. The brasilias will be staying for a while longer. How many and how long is pure speculation, but they have paid a lot of money over the past year to refurbish 13 of them with new paint, interior, and RT to ER mods and will do 7 more by September.

Finally, the contract, a subject near and dear to all interested parties hearts. No one seems to know. I spoke to one of the LEC guys the other day and he said that they have not even sat down yet. It is not up for renewal until september and I would be surprised to see or hear anything before that or even the end of the year.

I know we've run seeral newhire classes recently, but I believe they were filled out of the pool. Supposedly, any classes after the one in progress will empty the pool, and that's why we started interviewing again. Our delivery schedule hasn't been slowed too much from what we hear. Who knows what will happen as negotiations near, Fast Freddy B. isn't sharing his plans with us.

I know if you go to flyasa.com and click on careers, there is (or used to be) a fax # and mail address to send a resume.

(Standard disclaimer applys: I'm just a lowly line puke, no real inside info.)

Try this:

Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc.
Attn: Flight Operations Employment, Capt. Julie Ellis
100 Hartsfield Centre Pkwy., Suite 800
Atlanta, GA 30354

Call 404-766-1400 and ask for the FAX number.

Finding an old buddy

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with an old friend
Scott Youngrn? He was an ASA FO in the RJ, this was two years ago.
I have not been able to get in touch with him. Any info. help is appreciated.

Spit:)

Latest resources

Back