ASA-What if no release?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

79%N1

Well, this site messed up my post, so I'll try again.

What is plan B if the NMB does not release ASA after this latest debacle of a session?

If we do not get released, I think this is a serious blow to any leverage we may have at this point. It would certainly indicate that the NMB is siding with management. How could they think anything further could be accomplished with a couple more sessions in a few months? It appears neither side is willing or able to move any further. But, what would we do if the NMB does not release us. I think that would put us in a really bad position at this point.

Keep doing what you're doing. Make the operation as safe as possible. Take no shortcuts, and overlook no MX. Release or no release, management will come to realise what a critical part of the operation you are in very short order.'

Ps. The decision on whether or not we get released is going to take more than a couple of days. It will be more like a couple of weeks. You were all piss and vinegar a few days ago, TK. Don't let any lack of word from the board take the wind out of your sails just yet.

Hey, I'm still vinegar! I just have never heard from anybody what the plan is if the NMB does not release us from this farce! Most don't think they will. Meanwhile, I'll keep that pen handy and keep it safe out there!

Being released is no magic bullet. Your best way to win a new contract is with your hands on the business. Mangement knows how important pilots are to the operation, but the lack of unity and focus by the pilot group has given managment no reason to work with you. If you strike, you can be replaced. If you are still in talks you still have a lot of leverage to get results.

I remember one of the early MEC meetings when the contract first became amendable, Bob Arnold told us the last contract took only 30% of the pilots to have a hard core "fly the contract, fly safe" mentality to force managment to negotiate in good faith. This tells me that ASA currently doesn't have 30% pissed off pilots yet.

Five years and pilots are only beginning to get angry, do you wonder why managment doesn't respect you? You haven't made them come to the table hungry.

More than 30%

I think we have a lot more than 30% based on the MX histories I have been seeing. Keep up the good work! We will hand these MFs something they cannot handle!!

I think we have a lot more than 30% based on the MX histories I have been seeing. Keep up the good work! We will hand these MFs something they cannot handle!!

I can't WAIT to see them come BEGGING for another session and wanting to get things DONE!! Keep POURING IT ON folks...we MUST continue the SAFE FLYING UNTIL WE HAVE A NEW CONTRACT!!!!

Latest resources

Back