• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA video...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW!! It's so cool that the FO who filmed it violated sterile cockpit and numerous safety procedures in filming the video and that the CA who flew with this individual multiple times allowed it. It's just so cool to have an XBox controller in one hand and a video camera in the other at 5000ft, as well as other clips at 7000ft and during taxi, takeoff, and landing.

I'm SURE that they were all Part 91 and don't matter. The problem is, it does matter. What Part the flight was operated under is irrelevent. What matters is that the FO filmed it in those critical situations, the CA or multiple CAs allowed it, and all should be violated, regardless if it was done 2 years ago or not.

It's time for people to again either do their jobs or be sent home, regardless of how "cool" they think they're trying to be. I'm sick of idiots like this causing issues in the eyes of the public and giving myself and the rest of us who do our jobs a bad name. If the video didn't have so many violations in it, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

BTW, did I mention "cool"?

I know some people that were contacted by the FAA regarding videos that were posted om youtube. They watch that stuff and try to find out who made the vieo, and if they can prove who did it, you are toast! I guess it is just hard to prove.

On approach somewhere some time back I noticed on final that the captain put away a videocamera that, for a few seconds, was aimed at me handflying it in. I didn't even know he had it out.

I agree. This video is dumb and you can say it was part 91 as an excuse, but so was that one Pinnacle flight that tried and failed to join the "410 club".. I think they cited "lack of professionalism" as a contributing factor to that one.

Latest resources

Back