Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WWEfan

One List
Lastest preliminary award shows 20 upgrades. Will that go in seniority order or will the displaced captains from a couple months ago have first crack at the new positions?

Lastest preliminary award shows 20 upgrades. Will that go in seniority order or will the displaced captains from a couple months ago have first crack at the new positions?

If those displaced captains were displaced same equipment and have bids in for those positions, they will bypass seniority. Apparently, crew planning erred again if you can believe it. There are displaced captains that have bids in and didn't show up on the prelims.

Last edited:
Look at 24.G.6 in the contract

The word "may" is in there. So it would be at the company's discretion to award it to a displaced pilot. Even then it would only go to someone who was displace to first officer on the same aircraft. Just my view of it.

Look at 24.G.6 in the contract

The word "may" is in there. So it would be at the company's discretion to award it to a displaced pilot. Even then it would only go to someone who was displace to first officer on the same aircraft. Just my view of it.

Uh huh....and since re-qual of displaced pilots is a whole lot cheaper than training a cap'n from scratch, they're gonna go with the more expensive option, since they can always blame the pilots that our costs are too high.

Agreed, but so far they haven't excercised "may" as far as I know. When I was displaced from 50-seat CA in DFW I wanted to go to 70-seat FO. After I complained about it I learned they actually did me a favor by involuntarily displacing me to 50-seat FO so I could get my seat back.

Agreed, but so far they haven't excercised "may" as far as I know. When I was displaced from 50-seat CA in DFW I wanted to go to 70-seat FO. After I complained about it I learned they actually did me a favor by involuntarily displacing me to 50-seat FO so I could get my seat back.

I am an ATR CA that will be going to ATR FO Jan 1. I bid to go back to the jet as FO but they wouldnt let me. Now that my replacement CA's on the ATR got their jobs back on the jet (as of 3/2), maybe the company did me a favor as well by not letting me go back to the jet.

I dont know why they are waiting until March to put them back on the jet though. I've been flying everyday of reserve covering jet trips in the ATR because scheduling says they dont have jet crews.

Oh well.

Looks like they changed out that prelim and pulled all of those guys off of the "return to jet" list. What a surprise, just like the leave of absence stuff, they are once again refusing to follow the status quo while in negotiations. Essentially, they are pirates in suits. I'll leave it to your imagination what sort of "pirates" they are.

Blucher:mad:

I've heard through the grapevine to expect to see another prelim soon that will displace several of the LAX crews. Apparently, Delta is pulling back some of the city starts and ASA is overstaffed. Stay tuned......

ASApuppy, I've got to know. Have you actually flown "a few Boeings" or have you simply played with the sims?

Also, does that source also mention the possiblity of more CA slots in the near future elsewhere?

-Blucher

Yep, thats just great :( . I see now that they have changed that prelim and it turned around and went pretty senior. Maybe I should plan a little bit longer stay in the right seat than originally anticipated :( .

Oh well, part time job search begins when I get home. Thanks ASA!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back