Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydraulic

remember
Is this true? Reference climbto350 ad. It states 'Upgrade time to Captain 3 years or less'.

http://www.climbto350.com/job_search.cfm?jobID=34237&Close=Yes&rowNum=1&action=next

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]October 1, 2007[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST AIRLINES (First Officers - Atlanta, GA)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]
address.aspx
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Tel: (404) 766-1400[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]
faxnumber.aspx
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Email: [FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]Click here to Apply [/FONT]
Web Site: none
description.aspx

[/FONT]

At this time, I don't think anybody really knows. If the new TA is approved, maybe (just maybe) there will be some hiring for growth instead of just attrition, which will reduce upgrade times. If we don't get a new contract, who knows.

Yes currently ASA upgrade time is 3 years and falling. No growth forcasted, but lots of attrition. Attrition may slow a little if we sign this contract, but will still be pretty high. As stated above, maybe we can even get some growth having a contract.

The last award shows an upgrade for an ATR captain with a DOH of May 2005

Last edited:
At this time, I don't think anybody really knows. If the new TA is approved, maybe (just maybe) there will be some hiring for growth instead of just attrition, which will reduce upgrade times. If we don't get a new contract, who knows.

What growth? It's swapping airframes not growth.

Never chase an upgrade. That can change tomorrow, not to mention three years from now.

Growth or not, ASA upgrade is looking like less than 2 years, not three.

I'm a Nov 06 hire, and if the training department can put only 20 a month through upgrade, I'll be in upgrade class by the summer of 08. If they can put 30 a month through class, it'll be even sooner than that.

If there is growth on the horizon, it could be even quicker than that.

Potentially thwarting this is the capability of the training department. I've heard rumors that the folks in the training department aren't too fond of the provisions of the new TA that involve them. Some are even talking about getting back on the line and leaving the training department.

You can't predict what will happen. I was awarded the left seat of the CRJ at 2 years and 4 months and within 6 months upgrade was 5 years.

Latest resources

Back