• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA update Tuesday-Numbers are FAKE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These idiots who run ASA just dropped some garbage in our boxes about a confidential 1-800 number we can call to report illegal or unethical business practices. (I'll bet it was part of the settlement of some lawsuit.)

Isn't it great that these jackasses want us to report our supervisors to them for pulling exactly the same unethical junk that they are now pulling as a system-wide deception? Not at all a surprise, just funny!

I think those are to get us to turn in other pilots.

I think the people who put those delay codes in there just hang those codes on the wall and throw darts at them to determine which one to tag a flight with.

They tagged my 1st flt (after our 3 hr break) with this one:
"CR-PILOT REQUESTS BREAK".

What the????

We were actually late because we had the paperwork done and we got the bang on the side of the a/c for more bags. So in the interest of safety, we redid all the numbers and spun the wheel again.

Oh well, whatever.

ONCE AGAIN LIVE AND LATE BREAKING

Just in OKC and 2 aircraft are on mX, but ASA has coded them as weather enroute delays. As they can get back credit for weather delays.

They are not weather, it is mx write-ups !! Very Smart but the aircraft are still late !

We are going to keep this Safety Campaign up for the next 5 years !!!!

FLY SAFE DRIVE SLOW !!!

Misrepresenting delays is illegal. Passengers are entitled to compensation for delays other than weather. If a company is telling passengers a mechanical delay is due to weather they are breaking the law and can be fined. Comair was fined for lying about cancellations when their computers went down over Christmas, it was a slap on the wrist but was terrible press, which would be good for the pilots at ASA.

The bad news is I have no clue who to report this to. Maybe that 800 number the company gave you would be a good start. If the union were on top of this they would send out a VARS message instructing pilots to check delay codes and report bad ones. Chances are they aren't aware of the issue. ASA guys, call your representatives when you see a problem, it's the only way they will know a problem exists.

Here's the trick...

The fact that these numbers are all on internal communications is what makes it legal.

These guys don't have to release any official numbers until the DOT report comes out. They are totally just making these thing up-as far as I know there is no penalty for lying to employees.

-They will be quietly "corrected" before the DOT ever sees them.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back