• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA - Upcoming Displacement - Idea

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is an excellent idea. Good luck trying to get ALPA to respond.

Good luck getting ALPA to do anything at all..... ALPA local has become every bit as useless as national.
-Pathetic.

Last edited:
Good luck getting ALPA to do anything at all..... ALPA local has become every bit as useless as national.
-Pathetic.

Be careful...you are starting to sound like me.:beer:

The voting members of the MEC are 4 pilots that were elected by a majority of their peers to represent the interest and conduct the business of our Union and it's members. If they are doing their job properly, they represent the consensus of the pilot group. They don't jump through hoops for the minority or the few that go on FI with the "better ideas" but can't get off their duff to attend a meeting or even volunteer.

Knowing 2 of them well, they are anything but apathetic, aren't people who would be content to sit on the sidelines, and certainly are not out of touch. Maybe, you should try calling any of them, and sharing your vision.

Good ideas are a dime a dozen. In the business world, good ideas have to go beyond the water cooler in order to get to the market place. Our little business is no different. If you have a good idea, and are not passionate about it enough to follow through and advance it, who will? Otherwise, don't blame your elected Reps because they are not telepathic!
Blah Blah Blah. Then get busy advancing this proposal, you union servant. Give me my monie's worth. The union has heard these suggestions for the last month or so. They are simply disinterested in this issue. F the union. We will do it ourselves. Just because we are forced to pay dues for an inept group of children representing us, doesn't mean we identify with the tenets of union representation.

Blah Blah Blah. Then get busy advancing this proposal, you union servant. Give me my monie's worth. The union has heard these suggestions for the last month or so. They are simply disinterested in this issue. F the union. We will do it ourselves. Just because we are forced to pay dues for an inept group of children representing us, doesn't mean we identify with the tenets of union representation.

NOW! Do you feel better after your immature response? They are interested in following the contract. So, am I. Sorry, you are getting furloughed. Life must suck!

Actually, they have the majority of their focus aimed at the PBS Working Group, where they can continue collecting 95 hours captain pay for sharing stories and drinking beers. All while keeping the entire pilot group completely uninformed of the "progress" in exchange.

Need I remind anyone of the furloughees?

Couple of things. I don't think this is worth the mental masterbation. When they are sitting in the crew room they can pop off "oh I would go back to FO tomorrow if I could." If a bid really came out... and they really had to downgrade... I think it would be similar to the "I won't stay till 65... Hell I don't want to be here past 55"

I think you may be right, but at the same time I don't see why it can't be made an option. Even if there's one person that takes it, that's one less person being forced into a position that they don't want to be in.

Couple of things. I don't think this is worth the mental masterbation. When they are sitting in the crew room they can pop off "oh I would go back to FO tomorrow if I could." If a bid really came out... and they really had to downgrade... I think it would be similar to the "I won't stay till 65... Hell I don't want to be here past 55"
Good point. Opening this opportunity to bid down will settle this question. We will see if these senior captains are all talk and no action. At the very least, it will remove this issue from one of contention to one of resolution. A few may even take it, which will help the entire pilot group to some degree...

I wrote letters to the MEC and management shortly after the bid was put out and actually got replies. Just like you guys said they both say that's the way the contract is and we can't do anything about it. Well as you have also mentioned they could do something about it, but won't. My best guess is that the company was probably trying to get ALPA to fold on the No Furlough Claus/PBS and wouldn't so now management refuses to be flexible on issues like this.

Latest resources

Back