• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to fly to DFW again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>For the several hundred ex DFW based crew members who still live there, I'd say there's lots to do there.<<

Like their wives!!

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
DFW-MCO starting in November. Along with MCO-OKw C and MCO-TUL flights. You heard it here first.

Sounds like the new Freedom (Mesa) routes. At least MCO-OKC and TUL.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
DFW-MCO starting in November. Along with MCO-OKC and MCO-TUL flights. You heard it here first.

How are we going to route the planes to MCO? Is it thru OKC & TUL? I couldn't find these routes in Travelnet but did find the CVG-DFW's on Comair.

This sounds like more CHQ routes out of MCO since they have a base there. Would be nice though...:cool:

Puck Mugger said:
You can't be serious. DFW was a hole in North Texas that DAL has been throwing money into for years.

And what hub does delta have that they havent been throwing money into?
And what hub does delta have that theyve been making money at?

DFW was the perfect location. Centrally located, 7 runways (where you can shoot 4 simultaneous ils approaches), predominately good wx year round, you can find good gate and ramp people, a growing economy, and the list goes on and on.

But I guess delta likes to throw all there flying into one great big basket. "we shall live by Atlanta and we shall die by Atlanta".

whatever

ASAFOE120 said:
And what hub does delta have that they havent been throwing money into?
And what hub does delta have that theyve been making money at?

DFW was the perfect location. Centrally located, 7 runways (where you can shoot 4 simultaneous ils approaches), predominately good wx year round, you can find good gate and ramp people, a growing economy, and the list goes on and on.

But I guess delta likes to throw all there flying into one great big basket. "we shall live by Atlanta and we shall die by Atlanta".

whatever

According to our pres. at the shuttin' down announcement, DFW lost 900M from 2001 till closing. That would have made it one of the LEAST losing hubs. The mistake after the Apr 03 was not upgrading the consistently over-sold CRJ routes to MD-80s. Such as MCI with 6 CRJs always over sold. One or two could have been upgraded.

What about them replacing the hourly RJ service from SLC to PHX and now having only 4 MD90s? (Dec schedule) Is that a good way to do it?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back