• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to fly additional 4 CRJ200's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA is preparing itself to move in on any markets that Mesa leaves open if/when it goes under.

Just another reason we need to show the industry that under new leadership we are no longer the ASA of old.

But we were last again in D0 yesterday for all DCI and second to last in completion and arrivals. For all the back-slapping they do at the GO, our D0 nombers are still extremely lousy compared to all the other DCI's.

But we were last again in D0 yesterday for all DCI and second to last in completion and arrivals. For all the back-slapping they do at the GO, our D0 nombers are still extremely lousy compared to all the other DCI's.

There is little more to it than that, but I agree we need to pick it up.

I hope all Captains remember that we now make more money if we go above and beyond. We have meny factors working against us, but based on current feedback we are getting, our management knows the pilots arent the only cause to a delay.

Medeco

Weather through ATL was pretty nasty yesterday. I like when they adjust everything due to ATC and WX. It goes way up then.

Trojan

I'd think the fact that almost 100% of our ops flows through ATL has something to do with those numbers too. Think about it. They are comparing our performance to the other airlines who have a greater number of ops in CVG, SLC, LAX, MCO etc... We have issues in ATL that we have to deal with a lot more than say SKW in SLC that hurt our performance.

I'd think the fact that almost 100% of our ops flows through ATL has something to do with those numbers too. Think about it. They are comparing our performance to the other airlines who have a greater number of ops in CVG, SLC, LAX, MCO etc... We have issues in ATL that we have to deal with a lot more than say SKW in SLC that hurt our performance.

Other airlines also operate more out of JFK and LGA...which is delayed much more often than ATL.

You are correct. When comparing our numbers, it is important to compare them to Delta and DCI within the ATL system. I cannot speak for our current numbers when compared to other DCI carriers in ATL, but I can speak for a comparison with Delta...and overall, we are very comperable. Our A14 numbers (which is all that counts...remember, D0 was an initiative to achieve A0...or A14, which is what matters) we're right in line with Delta in ATL.

Also, another thing that can help is saving fuel. We need to be doing everything we can to conserve. We have to get out of the mindset of "its just a few pounds of fuel...it's not going to make a difference." EVERY POUND COUNTS! We need to be single engine taxing, shutting down APU's at the gate (when possible) and on taxi out after both engines are running, and flying the profile speeds (premium is gone now so there really is no benifit to going really fast)! Fuel costs are crucial...especially on the RJ which has a relatively high fuel/seat ratio.

Other airlines also operate more out of JFK and LGA...which is delayed much more often than ATL.

True, but a very small amout of their overall flying is done out of those airpors. Comair for example may do a bunch of flights out of LGA and JFK everyday, but their NYC operations have nothing on CVG, where those performance numbers can pick up the slack. Also the LGA/JFK delays are almost always ATC delays, which I believe can be "adjusted" to bring up the performance numbers for the day.

ASA always performs very well in CVG, but we are marginal in ATL, due to the other issues that are unique to ATL. We may only do 5-10% (just a guess) of our overall daily ops out of CVG so we are stuck with the crappy ATL performance (which is slowly getting better) to bring our overall total down for the day.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back