• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

ASA starting to get kicked out of CVG??

http://dlnet.delta.com/content/presentation/static/common/images/spacer.gif
DL strengthens domestic hubs, offers more international choices September 7, 2005

Delta will accelerate the pace of its transformation through changes to its winter schedule that realign service at domestic hubs to be more efficient, shift capacity from domestic routes to meet growing international demand, and reduce fleet complexity by accelerating plans to retire inefficient aircraft.

"Today, we are announcing the latest in a series of integrated improvements to further strengthen our network by continuing to right-size our hubs, increase international flying and simplify our fleet – all key components of our transformation plan," said Jim Whitehurst, chief operating officer. "Together with earlier, major initiatives such as de-hubbing Dallas/Fort Worth, introducing SimpliFares and expanding point-to-point flying, these changes complement the service customers have come to expect from the world's second-largest airline in terms of passengers carried, while stepping up the pace of our customer-focused transformation."

Effective Dec. 1, Delta will right-size operations at its second-largest hub at Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport to better match service to local passenger demand and optimize the balance of local and connecting traffic. With the changes, Delta will reduce mainline and Delta Connection carrier capacity by 26%, while boosting the percentage of local traffic from 36 to nearly 50% – well in line with other Delta and competitor hubs.

Additionally, Delta will replace service in nine markets currently served nonstop from Cincinnati by Delta Connection carriers ASA and Comair with connecting service through the Atlanta hub.

"In keeping with our customer-focused commitment, these scheduling improvements will have virtually no effect on the services the traveling public has come to expect from us as the No. 1 airline in the Cincinnati market. By consolidating flights into fewer flight banks and reducing flights in off-peak hours, we will increase customer choice during preferred travel times." Whitehurst said. "Importantly, as an international gateway, the Cincinnati area also will retain the international service its customers enjoy to eight nonstop destinations in Canada, Mexico, Europe and the Caribbean, and its status as one of the country's top 10 airline hubs."

Additionally, from the Atlanta and Salt Lake City hubs, Delta is expanding service to regional business destinations with new nonstop flights to 20 destinations, including between Salt Lake City and Columbus, Ohio, and between Atlanta and Bloomington and Moline, Ill.

Last edited:
The title of this thread is EXTREMELY inappropriate! Did you mean "out"?? Don't think anyone is kicking anyone anywhere! There's also a 26% reduction in mainline flying. Are they getting "kicked out" too? And who is doing the "kicking"?!

Of the 26% reduction in connection flying from cvg, 22% is Comair. Looks like the other 4% will be ASA. Not sure how much that will affect them. Anyone have any word from ASA/Skywest management?

Last edited:
Airboss,

ASA starting to get kicked our of CVG??

I assume you meant getting kicked "OUT" of CVG???

waiting for edct

Great just when I thought MGMT might have spread the airplanes enough to slow down ground delays mgmt does this and throws a wrench in it again. I don't know why they don't see all the delays hurting them in ATL. Several business travelers I have talked with are feed up with coming into and out of ATL because of the over saturation. Delta again is shooting themselves in the foot by putting all their eggs in one basket.

Additionally, from the Atlanta and Salt Lake City hubs, Delta is expanding service to regional business destinations with new nonstop flights to 20 destinations, including between Salt Lake City and Columbus, Ohio, and between Atlanta and Bloomington and Moline, Ill.

I agree with flyboy 24 about ATL being way over crowded. I think Delta is making a huge mistake concentrating their whole operation in ATL. Eventually the delays on almost every flight will catch up to them and Delta may just be the first airline to file chapter 7. I know I used to hate flying into ATL because there is always a delay, even when there was no weather and that was about a year ago. I can not imagine how bad it is going to get in the near future. Not only will there be delays but we all know how outstanding the customer service is in the ATL airport. The ATL airport would be a good place to go and right a what not to do book on customer service. The only benefit I can see for Delta doing that is it also causes a lot of Delays for Airtran and maybe this is there sceme to get Airtran out of ATL. I will never understand the decisions Delta management makes. Sometimes I think they want to run the company into the ground.

Last edited:
And I just quit my old job to start at Comair on Monday!!!!!!!!!! er...was gonna start on Monday.

Latest resources

Back