ASA Sked+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a sort of a conundrum:

I traded a day off. The day that would have been off, it's tomorrow. Since a reserve period prior to a day off ends at 9pm...my reserve period today (on e-trip) ends at 9pm. It never changed after the swap.

Is that for real? Or if I drink a beer at 9pm, will scheduling immediately call and assign me a nap with an 11pm duty in time?

If they did, could I show them a screenshot of my etrip calendar and tell them 'this is the schedule I'm going on'?

The contract says your last day of reserve ends at 9. I don't know if scheduling is smart enough or not to realize that you swapped your day, but I would guess you're fair game.

Remember that the last 3 hours of reserve are for phone availability only, so depending on your callout time you still may be able to drink that beer.

Yes, that is true, you have to have all your reserve days touching. I watched someone keep getting denied in ops as he was trying to trade a day and not having the days touch. Something we found out the hard way, but a good learning experience.
I still like the system though, I don't have to wait 12-24 hours for an answer.

Is it still only from Midnight-12PM that you can make request?

So say i have a res day on the 5th i wanna trade for an off day on the 30th is that not possible anymore? I cant figure out how to do that?

As long as you don't see a red arrow on the 5th, you should be able to swap for it. In SkedPlus, click on the reserve day that you wish to swap, hit exchange on the next window and it should be pretty simple to figure out.

As long as you don't see a red arrow on the 5th, you should be able to swap for it. In SkedPlus, click on the reserve day that you wish to swap, hit exchange on the next window and it should be pretty simple to figure out.

It is pretty simple however I have still received the occasional "Insufficient reserve staffing" even when trying to swap out a day without the red arrow. I put a request in this morning and just checked under transactions and got denied for that reason.

You also can't swap days out in the middle of a reserve period. If you have 5 days on call you can't swap out 1 day in the middle to do something. Also, anything you swap has to touch another reserve period. There also can't be any red arrows. Other than that it should work-good luck.

You also can't swap days out in the middle of a reserve period. If you have 5 days on call you can't swap out 1 day in the middle to do something. Also, anything you swap has to touch another reserve period. There also can't be any red arrows. Other than that it should work-good luck.

Ok so the 5th is the first day of that string of res days and i wanna change it for the 30th which is currently an off day. When i click on the 5th and go to exchange it only list other res days? I must be missing something here.

Ok so the 5th is the first day of that string of res days and i wanna change it for the 30th which is currently an off day. When i click on the 5th and go to exchange it only list other res days? I must be missing something here.

This may be fuzzy, so bear with me. Click on the 5th, in the window that pops up check the box next to the 5th (I don't know why you have to do this twice). Then hit exchange, and in the box type in the 30th.

This may be fuzzy, so bear with me. Click on the 5th, in the window that pops up check the box next to the 5th (I don't know why you have to do this twice). Then hit exchange, and in the box type in the 30th.

I figured that out last night thanks, i just assumed you would hit next and it would give you a choice of days to swap with the check boxs like it does the others. S

If you had a union you might be able to impact those poor reserve rules but you guys can't seem to make it happen...until then enjoy being at the mercy of the man...

I agree 100% with Dan, reserve rules suck here at skywest. Do you guys have reserve transparency at ASA? Big issue right now here, getting called out of seriority and junk like that. worst reserve rules and system ever!

Latest resources

Back