Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Year of Still Here!

The Year of Still Here
Dust off those tiki bars and fire up the blenders...concert season is right around the corner! Jimmy and the Coral Reefer Band are headed to Frisco, Texas on April 26, East Troy, Wisconsin on July 19, and Bridgeview, Illinois on July 24 and 26! Tickets go on sale March 3. Stay tuned for more dates in The Year of Still Here tour, coming soon!

JP....going to Alpine Valley.....Can't combine it with the Oshkosh trip this year, but still a great venue!:beer:

Exactly. It's not the same unless it's an outdoor party. There isn't even a place to tailgate there! I don't know anybody who went to the Phillips last year.

I would think a die-hard Parrothead would take any opportunity to see Jimmy. Maybe "die-hard tailgater" would be a more accurate description for you? :p

The Year of Still Here
Dust off those tiki bars and fire up the blenders...concert season is right around the corner! Jimmy and the Coral Reefer Band are headed to Frisco, Texas on April 26, East Troy, Wisconsin on July 19, and Bridgeview, Illinois on July 24 and 26! Tickets go on sale March 3. Stay tuned for more dates in The Year of Still Here tour, coming soon!

JP....going to Alpine Valley.....Can't combine it with the Oshkosh trip this year, but still a great venue!:beer:

Sweet. Need another driver/margarita fixer?

On a 25 min turn, it just doesn't make sense to turn off the apu.
In ATL there isn't ground power or air (C/D)

I just think our fuel burns are down since we got a new contract, nothing due to APU usage.

If you can have the APU off for 2 minutes per flight system wide, it saves over $800,000 at current prices, according to the fuel conservation guide that just came out.

If a station has power and air, why not shut it down for 15 minutes? (25 minute turn, off for 15 minutes, and back on 10 prior to departure.) Even just 5 minutes is huge.

All it takes is a few button pushes, and it is quiet when your FO does the walk around.

I understand people waving off power only in summer, but there are still people out there waving off power AND air. Why?

Us being cost efficient for mother Delta is going to keep us in business. Let's play along to save our own hides. Pure self interest alone should have us all shutting down that APU at every possible chance.

I taxied behind a plane yesterday that started up both engines at the gate, and left the APU running...

How about instead of filing us at 310 form MTY-ATL they file us at 390 when we have 13 folks and faster winds higher, like we did last month. Maybe even climb out at 250 (until TOC) at the outstations.
We saved 390 pounds in our one leg last month. Think it's a bit misguided, once again our pain for their gain.

You have never flown our jet, have you? If you had, you would never even think of FL390 in summer, or-worse, a 250 knot climb at altitude

Here's a little experiment-just try climbing at 250 to TOC, and see what happens (after the Capt beats you about the head and shoulders.) When you learn that swept-wing aircraft are not the same as your "riddle" 172-just you get back to me.

-Now run along, us adults have important things to discuss.....

You have never flown our jet, have you? If you had, you would never even think of FL390 in summer, or-worse, a 250 knot climb at altitude

Here's a little experiment-just try climbing at 250 to TOC, and see what happens (after the Capt beats you about the head and shoulders.) When you learn that swept-wing aircraft are not the same as your "riddle" 172-just you get back to me.

-Now run along, us adults have important things to discuss.....

Hahaha... I don't think I've seen 390 even in the winter. Maybe once. Well, he does have a point about climbing higher though. On long legs we could step climb up into the 30s and save some gas.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back