ASA S3C Pass benefits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sinca3 said:
You really think there are that many people (more than 10) that view this as a HUGE piece of the puzzle?!?!?!?

Overall comment: What the F*ck was the problem in keeping things as they presently are? But specifically:

1st: Yes. It is a HUGE piece of the puzzle. I chose to come to ASA BECAUSE of the flight benefits and the fact it was owned by Delta--If I wanted to fly for some b#$sh*t regional I would have applied to Chihuahua or Mesa or some other craphole.

2nd: Just about the only reason to keep this career is the travel benefits (and, unfortunately for me, a love for flying). I make my $ elsewhere. Travel is how you become a more worldly and cultured person.

3rd: If mainline folks think they can boot ASA people off of ASA airplanes...they are in for a surprise. I don't care what "policy" is in place--this will get dirty.

4th: How selfish can these bas&tards be? How many times have I gotten sand bags for the back, played with the fuel and done EVERYTHING in my power to help a DAL guy/gal get to work or home and NOW THIS?????

Jeez.....

Does anyone have a clue what benefits parents will get if any at all. What do skywest parents or travel companions currently receive.

It'll Fly said:
Tell me, is there anyone on this thread who will quit because you lose S3 status on Delta or any other change to benefits. If your commuting and it makes your job untenable I can see it but come on, "Mass Exodus"?

"the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
The mass exodus has been going on in flight ops all year. We've been losing from 10 pilots per month to 10 pilots per week, with more than 10% of our pilot group leaving since the first of the year(mostly new hires, but lots of captains also). The real exodus will be the other front line personel, in-flight, rampers, gate, maybe even GO, etc. There are alot of immigrants here who use the travel for themselves and their families to go back home. If companions and parents are cut out, that will add to the unrest. Why else would people work this under-paid, low benefit job rather than a more comfortable indoor one except for the chance to travel. Talk to the folks outside of flight ops and travel is huge. To add salt to the wounds, there are ASA stations that work DAL planes. I wonder what DAL performance will be there.

Where is this coming from?

Where is all this "Information" coming from? I hope it is not true. But, I'd like to see where the info comes from. Does it come from a memo that was leaked or just overheard in the toilet. Where are all of the "Rumors" coming from? Until there is a credible source, it is just a rumor. There are a lot of rumors out there and even more who fan the flames.

Stop the insanity!

Maybe the info was intentionally leaked so that mgmt teams could watch boards like this to see how pissed we get. Then, they could choose the most upsetting (sp?) manor to change to.

Everyone needs to relax until they come out with what's official. Besides, you cannot change what they are going to do by venting on this board. If it upsets you this much, then discuss it with your MEC or supervisor.

Cardenal said:
3rd: If mainline folks think they can boot ASA people off of ASA airplanes...they are in for a surprise. I don't care what "policy" is in place--this will get dirty.

That's right. I was gonna quit ASA if our bennies get cut

--BUT--

IF the changes are so that Delta employees can boot ASA guys off ASA planes...

I will stay JUST SO I CAN sabotage that "policy."

It will get very dirty!

atlcrashpad said:
I hope it is not true. But, I'd like to see where the info comes from. Does it come from a memo that was leaked or just overheard in the toilet. Where are all of the "Rumors" coming from?
Stop the insanity!

It is true so just sit back and wait until 07/01/2006.

Also, check the ALPA board. Your medical insurance is going up also.

Papa Woody said:
That's right. I was gonna quit ASA if our bennies get cut

--BUT--

IF the changes are so that Delta employees can boot ASA guys off ASA planes...

I will stay JUST SO I CAN sabotage that "policy."

It will get very dirty!

First off, I hope that ASA folks keep the same level of bennies as before. I think things work just fine as it is and I don't want to see ASA folks get hosed. And for the record I wish mgmt would stop dicking y'all and contract negotiate in good faith already.

Having said that, what you and Cardinal seem to miss is that Delta isn't paying for a few seats, or some of the plane. We're paying for, essentially chartering the whole thing. We pay ASA a set fee to transport an aircraft from point A to point B. We sell the tickets and market the product. If the aircraft is full, Delta makes money. If it's empty, Delta loses money. ASA gets paid the same amount either way. They're our seats and we'll distribute them any way we bloody well please.

Would you pull the same crap on on a private charter? Doubt it. So what makes you think you have any sort of entitlement to seats that are fully bought and paid for by Delta Air Lines?

Just curious.

shamrock said:
All you commuters here, enlighten a non-commuter. How much will S3C affect your commute personally? Are the loads usually so close that the drop in priority will make the difference between getting on and getting left behind?

I've done a fair bit of non-revving in my time at ASA (but not nearly as much as a commuter) and it's always seemed fairly obvious ahead of time whether I would get on or not, regardless of priority. I'm not making any judgements about commuters (you're braver than I am!), I just find it interesting to hear talk of people quitting over the changes and I'm curious about how tight it will with S3C priority.

I commuted for over 3 years on S3C, with only the 800 as my source of info on flight loads. It was a pain, but doable. However, here is the key that made it doable. My company had a very good commuter clause which took the stress out of commuting. I wouldn't want to commute with an S3C and no commuter clause.

The company my be against one, but the NC needs to make this somewhat of a priority, in my opinion. Unfortunately, there are so many things that need to be updated in the next contract, I doubt we have enough bargining chips for them all.

One thing though about a commuter clause. Those that don't commute typically don't care about having one. If you get a good commuter clause, it can actaully help everyone. For example, you may live at your domicile, but your parents still live in Detroit. You go home for the holidays but have to go back to work for a 3 day between Christmas and New Years. Under a good commuter clause, you would be covered getting back to work. By definition you aren't a commuter, but it still affords you the same protection. Same thing coming home from vacation. Just food for thought.

Latest resources

Back