ASA S1 Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL990

Just some FYI for all you ASA commuters that are currently commuting to ATL or planning on doing so.

About a month ago, I was slightly releaved when I read a memo by our management informing us that we would be receiving a number of S1 passes to facilitate our relocation. Among those were 4 round trip S1's that could be used within 60 days (I believe that this is correct but if not, I'm close) of our move date. Naturally, I was happy and thought that this would be a huge help. That was until today when I discovered that Delta mainline employees, (including MX, and I assume pilots as well) were told that they will receive 4 round trip S1's per month for the next year to facilitate there commute.

Now, my point is not to get the militant fired up...I am just posting this to inform everone that those S1's, in light of this information, may not be the "golden ticket" to get on...especially when they get a lot more than we do.

Just thought I would pass this info along. If anyone has any clarification, additional info, or amendments to any info I have posted, feel free to share.

All mainline employee's get S1's for a year. Including all operations, mx, F/A, pilots...blah, blah....and I don't know about you but, almost all of DFW mainliner's are senior to me which makes my S1's pretty much S3's. Oh well, at least I'm living in ATL and only have to deal with this for January.

FL990 said:
Just some FYI for all you ASA commuters that are currently commuting to ATL or planning on doing so.

About a month ago, I was slightly releaved when I read a memo by our management informing us that we would be receiving a number of S1 passes to facilitate our relocation. Among those were 4 round trip S1's that could be used within 60 days (I believe that this is correct but if not, I'm close) of our move date. Naturally, I was happy and thought that this would be a huge help. That was until today when I discovered that Delta mainline employees, (including MX, and I assume pilots as well) were told that they will receive 4 round trip S1's per month for the next year to facilitate there commute.

Now, my point is not to get the militant fired up...I am just posting this to inform everone that those S1's, in light of this information, may not be the "golden ticket" to get on...especially when they get a lot more than we do.

Just thought I would pass this info along. If anyone has any clarification, additional info, or amendments to any info I have posted, feel free to share.
Not only that, the DAL pilot I was talking to on the train said they are getting a $9000 moving allowance to offset their expenses with the move.

This is very much intended to get the militant fired up! When is that strike vote?

Latest resources

Back