• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The ASA MEC was probably the most loyal in the Association. And they have been left behind. Besides funding, national has done noting for the ASA pilots, and our contract has become nothing but a selling point to organize the Skywest and Colgan pilots. Now ALPA is pushing the MEC chairman and vice chairman for a token industry leading contract to bolster their organization efforts, even though it will cause ASA to get shut down. Duane left, but nothing has changed, another regional being thrown under the bus for the "greater good". Kind of like Mesaba almost was. I know you had a front row seat for that one, but wait, your pilot group benefited from it didn't they?

Yes, just keep up your cheerleading, PCL. You're next.
I'm still waiting for my apology from you and a "yeah, yeah I know ya' told me so"...

weird how you guy's are now saying the SAME thing I've been saying all along....whats up with that? By the way, I'll still buy ya' a beer sometime.:beer:

I would expect no less from a Pinnacle Status Rep and a member of ALPA's Board of Directors. You just keep drinking that kool-aid, beating the drum, and jumping when they tell you to jump, PCL. We'll see what your loyalty gets YOU in a few years.

The ASA MEC was probably the most loyal in the Association. And they have been left behind. Besides funding, national has done noting for the ASA pilots, and our contract has become nothing but a selling point to organize the Skywest and Colgan pilots. Now ALPA is pushing the MEC chairman and vice chairman for a token industry leading contract to bolster their organization efforts, even though it will cause ASA to get shut down. Duane left, but nothing has changed, another regional being thrown under the bus for the "greater good". Kind of like Mesaba almost was. I know you had a front row seat for that one, but wait, your pilot group benefited from it didn't they?

Yes, just keep up your cheerleading, PCL. You're next.

Amazing how quickly you changed your tune. Just a few months ago you were arguing with John and his crazy ramblings, and now you're joining right in with him! Some sort of falling out with members of the MEC or something? Something weird is going on here. No one changes their tune that quickly.

P.S. ALPA doesn't dictate to me, review my posts, or issue me a set of talking points. I say what I think. Period. Maybe you let someone else control you when you were a volunteer, but not me.

Amazing how quickly you changed your tune. Just a few months ago you were arguing with John and his crazy ramblings, and now you're joining right in with him! Some sort of falling out with members of the MEC or something? Something weird is going on here. No one changes their tune that quickly.

P.S. ALPA doesn't dictate to me, review my posts, or issue me a set of talking points. I say what I think. Period. Maybe you let someone else control you when you were a volunteer, but not me.

Nice try, but another cheap cop out in reality.

My relationships, business and personal, with the MEC members and officers remains unchanged. I've just had a chance to step back and look at the big picture without blinders.

There is a lot of pressure for people like you who are neck deep into ALPA. You are pressured to walk the party line, and you do it for fear of political castration. You also really don't have the time or interest in looking at the other side of the argument, even though you think you do. As I said, you're wearing blinders, but you think you're seeing the whole picture. You will realize it one day too.

Don't pigeon hole me with John. He doesn't know 1% of what I know about this union and how it operates. He gets his material fed to him by his girlfriend (which is why he always repeats himself). My material is original.

My point stands.

Nice try, but another cheap cop out in reality.

My relationships, business and personal, with the MEC members and officers remains unchanged. I've just had a chance to step back and look at the big picture without blinders.

There is a lot of pressure for people like you who are neck deep into ALPA. You are pressured to walk the party line, and you do it for fear of political castration. You also really don't have the time or interest in looking at the other side of the argument, even though you think you do. As I said, you're wearing blinders, but you think you're seeing the whole picture. You will realize it one day too.

Don't pigeon hole me with John. He doesn't know 1% of what I know about this union and how it operates. He gets his material fed to him by his girlfriend (which is why he always repeats himself). My material is original.

My point stands.
you management shill you. SELL OUT! Koolaide addict!!!!;) Just kidding...welcome to the dark side. Sorry your career is now going to come to a screeching halt at the hands of the alpa Nazi's...

you management shill you. SELL OUT! Koolaide addict!!!!;) Just kidding...welcome to the dark side. Sorry your career is now going to come to a screeching halt at the hands of the alpa Nazi's...

Well, I really don't agree that Alpa has killed my career, and I haven't joined the "dark side". I've just come to the realization that some Alpa reps and officers on our MEC are fighting only for the sake of fighting, coupled with high ranking officers from Herndon telling them that the Skywest drive depends on us getting a trophy contract. And the MEC is not united on the issue.

We need to close this deal. The MEC needs to realize that the pilots are only behind them in words only, and act accordingly.

Well, I really don't agree that Alpa has killed my career, and I haven't joined the "dark side". I've just come to the realization that some Alpa reps and officers on our MEC are fighting only for the sake of fighting, coupled with high ranking officers from Herndon telling them that the Skywest drive depends on us getting a trophy contract. And the MEC is not united on the issue.

We need to close this deal. The MEC needs to realize that the pilots are only behind them in words only, and act accordingly.
I think you might have missed the tinny, wenny joke there about the alpa/career killing thingy.....god knows I've had enough alpa thugs threaten to kill my career.

and yes, you have joined the dark side....:) weleome, its not so bad.

John P and Ohplease, I am just curious (not being a wise a$$), I, like a lot of others share your opinions. Have you wrote or called your reps to voice your opinion? I think the only ones they hear from are like-minded hard liners and this is what they base their decisions on. If you did, what did they say?

John P and Ohplease, I am just curious (not being a wise a$$), I, like a lot of others share your opinions. Have you wrote or called your reps to voice your opinion? I think the only ones they hear from are like-minded hard liners and this is what they base their decisions on. If you did, what did they say?

I'm fairly certain they know how I feel, lol.

But you're right, the "hardliners" tend to discount the views of anyone who doesn't agreee with them as being weak, or supporters of the Lynn party.

Oh please--get a life---you know only way to have job sec. is be with Skywest---I vote for ONE LIST, does well for Republic, Freedumb/Mesa*s

just make sure you don't go about it like the idiots that ran ASA's MEC did back in 2000 when I was there and they were trying to sue themselves onto the DALPA list.. Career expectations mean nothing to some of those people. I'm SO glad I left when I did. Damn union was more screwed up than the management. Blaming ALPA national for their MEC's stupidity...and apparently still doing it.

they opened my eyes to a few things I had incorrect opinions about. For that I'm thankful. It was nice to see a little "insider" info/opinion. However, they were very dismissive about my opinions on every other issue I brought up.

To sum things up (for me anyway), as long as you are willing to come to their way of thinking on something, they're happy to talk. If you choose to not agree with their position, they do NOT want to hear it.

They also do not want you to be involved unless you happen to be a "hardliner" in agreement with each and EVERY one of their positions. I've participated in as many events as I"ve been able to over the last couple of years. Even tried to be a P2P. After multiple emails to the MEC and the P2P chairman, I finally did make the P2P conference call list for 2 calls but have since apparently been removed from that list and never was given a P2P "packet" with my shinny new red neck lanyard....I wonder why? hmmm.

Latest resources

Back