Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
4th month in a row. Are they asking for us to take care of this contract violation the old fashioned way?

Unfortunately-

I think we have to hope the MEC grieveance comes out our way. If anyone tries to throw a "wrench in the works" so to speak, DAL will just cancel the contract and the company will go away.

The "red arrow" thing is irritating, but not nearly as adverse as the cancellation scenario.

Better hope we find flying for those 20 50 seaters. If we dont then you will have something too whine about.........say more furloughs.?????????

Better hope we find flying for those 20 50 seaters. If we dont then you will have something too whine about.........say more furloughs.?????????
True, parking 20 airplanes will take care of the red arrow days. We're almost halfway through 2009.

Unfortunately-

I think we have to hope the MEC grieveance comes out our way. If anyone tries to throw a "wrench in the works" so to speak, DAL will just cancel the contract and the company will go away.

The "red arrow" thing is irritating, but not nearly as adverse as the cancellation scenario.

A red arrow day is just a "smoke signal" for us to know that hey are at or near the minimum reserver coverage for that day. I have had about 85% of my swaps approved, even with the red arrow day. On most, I have had to make multiple submissions.

I do not expect them to ever staff this airline to cover unlimited pilot swaps--nor would I want them to. Reserve staffing has to be managed properly to keep staffing levels and costs down. The main objective is to cover forecasted sick calls and IROP conditions. I have not been extended or drafted in years--that's what most pilots should care about. Unlimited swapping could never be achieved without affecting other pilots that hold lines. I have a job with a company that still makes money--that's how I want to keep it!

You still have a ways to go. Comair is so understaffed that every reservist gets used nearly every day. You are always extended to where you never expect to go home after a trip. It is now the norm that you can also expect to have your days off changed somewhere in the month. Some of our reserve guys are actually flying more than our line holders. There is something wrong when the reserve guys are getting 90 hours of credit each month.

Latest resources

Back