ASA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RedBelly

I was a revenue passenger on an ASA RJ flight a few weeks back from DFW to MEM. I was the last person to board & it was about 15 minutes before departure. As I boarded, I said hi to the FA & asked her if I could say hi to the guys up front. She then took a big step to her right (to block access to the cockpit) and informed me that nobody was allowed up front for security reasons.... what is up with that? Is that a company policy at ASA or just at the flight crews discretion? It's not a problem, I'm just curious.

If we are on the ground and boarding, I don't have a problem with that at all. As far as I know, there is no policy against it. On many occasions, I've allowed kids to come up and sit in the seat and ask questions, especially if they have a hot mom. And since the FO is doing all of the work, I have plenty of time to chat.

Hmm...Odd. I don't mind having someone say hi, though on the Brasilia things are a little cramped, so it can be tough. I'm not aware of any policy that would prohibit that. However, there have been several times lately when the FA's receive a procedure change that we know nothing about, so maybe they are being told not to let people up.

Oh well, one more thing to address in my briefing...

I think most of our flight crews would be more than happy to say hello while at the gate, especially to an aspiring ASA pilot. Next time try telling the FA you're a pilot, and ask her to "Ask the Capt. if it's ok" Sort of takes the decision making out of her hands.

QUESTION

I was wondering when you said you left DFW to MEM. I know ASA does not fly into MEM, but Skywest is the aircraft that flies into Memphis.

Re: QUESTION

C141FE said:
I was wondering when you said you left DFW to MEM. I know ASA does not fly into MEM, but Skywest is the aircraft that flies into Memphis.

ASA also does DFW-MEM. Flt 4448 Departs 0930 arrives 1055 Returns as 4449 MEM-DFW Departs 1125 arrives 1250.

This month it's usualy the last turn of a 4 day trip for the DFW crews. (Freedom flight)

Latest resources

Back