• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Premium Pay for losers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why can't the union send out an email reminding everyone that we still have people on furlough? Just a statement of facts.

I know most everyone is struggling now and could certainly use the extra money...but it would be nice to see the pilot group united and taking a stand.

Hell of a concept, I know.

Why can't the union send out an email reminding everyone that we still have people on furlough? Just a statement of facts.

I know most everyone is struggling now and could certainly use the extra money...but it would be nice to see the pilot group united and taking a stand.

Hell of a concept, I know.

You guys think ALPA can solve anything. Why don't you go talk to our Over Lords about why they haven't. But I'll give you a hint, illegal work action. The company can imply a hell of a lot from an email and then the union spends YOUR money to protect the reps (goons) that made the statement. I don't want my union dues going there. I'd rather have pizza brought in for lunch.

I just picked up one of those premium trips. Can't wait for payday!

There wasn't anything on the -700 open anyway...

Too many morons here who think for some odd reason that the company is broke and that if we don't pick up opentime we'll lose the United flying. There was some fresh B.H. kool-aid going around for the past couple years and I would say a good majority of the pilots lapped it up.

I've heard enough guys say, when I discuss the staffing situation on reserve, "Well it's a good business practice and saves a lot of money so I can see where they are coming from. Brad's a good guy.. you should have seen this place when I got hired here back when I got back from 'Nam."

Contract 2007 is overrated. Any contract that allows what's going on right now to happen is subpar.

And yes, I'm sure Brad's a great guy. My guess is he does not kill puppies or hunt baby seals and drink their blood. But he is an airline president. His goal is to make operating costs as cheap as he can. YOU are an operating cost. You GET what you NEGOTIATE. They will pay you as little as you let them pay you, and will treat you as poorly as you will let them treat you. ASA/Skywest will not go bankrupt if scheduling is not allowed to move off days, has to be adequately staffed, pilots get's 12 hours behind the door, and pays FOs, say, a 10% raise, among many other things.

There was a guy here in another thread who said "you think ASA has a million dollars lying around?" which goes to show how misinformed ASA people are. ASA/Skywest is generating so much cash it's incredible. They just gave United an $80 million loan with something like 11% interest. Give me a break. ASA management is playing us like a friggen piano.

Last edited:
You guys need to stop worrying about everyone else and just take care of yourself. You are in the airline business. Whats the saying; If you haven't been fuloughed you will be. If you want to pick open time to make cash then do it, thats your business, I will if I can. If I were furloughed I also wounldn't be caught sitting on my butt. I would do whatever it takes to pay my bills. So stop complaining and worry about yourself.

A lot of "ifs" in that post JassBuff. We ARE doing whatever it takes to pay the bills on furlough. Well, IF and WHEN it happens to you, then I'll listen to your opinion. For now, just shut you Bii$tch a$$ mouth, and be glad you're not furloughed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back