ASA pilots preparing for possible strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ohplease! said:
I think ALPA is afraid of what might happen if they were to put out that proposal to a vote.

It's not that ALPA is afraid ohplease, and asadrivel. It's the fact that the majority have told the MEC/CNC what is acceptable, and it ain't the company's proposal. Apparently you two fall on the minority side of things as far as for contract expectations. Democracies work that way you know, majority rules.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ohplease! said:
I think ALPA is afraid of what might happen if they were to put out that proposal to a vote.

Ok. There is no proposal. There was a "supposal", but nothing was ever put into contract language. A "supposal" can't be put to a vote. You can't vote on something that doesn't have defining language.

For instance, say you voted on a supposal that said, "All lines will have a minimum of 12 days off." Sounds great, right? Say it passes, then they sit down and hammer out the legalese. The company then says, "Well, we've decided not to refer to monthly schedules as 'lines' anymore. We've decided to call them 'schedules', thus the 12 days off minimum no longer applies. We've decided all 'schedules' will have a minimum of 8 days off a month."

I realize this is a bit ludicrous, but you can't vote on something that hasn't been formally presented. Regardless of how you feel about ALPA, the company has made no move to codify their 'supposal' into enforcable contract language. That's not spin. That's a fact.

ohplease! said:

After seeing the 2nd quarter results, I don't think ALPA has anything to worry about. The company can kiss my a**. Honestly I was on the fence until I saw that. Not anymore, when they tell me we need to lower costs to be competitive and then post results like that!

CJA said:
After seeing the 2nd quarter results, I don't think ALPA has anything to worry about. The company can kiss my a**. Honestly I was on the fence until I saw that. Not anymore, when they tell me we need to lower costs to be competitive and then post results like that!

Yeah, wonder if CT or SH will put that out on one their "supervisor" letters on flica. nahhhhhhhhhhhh!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ASARJMan said:
Yeah, wonder if CT or SH will put that out on one their "supervisor" letters on flica. nahhhhhhhhhhhh!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

yeah, "MANDATORY FROM YOUR SUPERVISOR" We are making a butt load of money but you aren't getting any of it and we are giving your airplanes to your cohorts who aren't getting the money either!

ASADriver said:
Then let us vote, and we can find out. Some of us are concerned about our jobs.

You are truly thick as a brick. You will not get to vote on anything that doesn't meet the requirements of the majority. Get over it you little management dweeb. Go back into your cubicle and do some work loser.

ohplease! said:

ALPA doesn't have to waste their time allowing you and a few others a vote on what the majority doesn't find acceptable. Just get over it and realize that just because you continue to ask for a vote doesn't mean you will get your way over majority rule. Go back and tell CT and BL that ya'll have failed in you mission and that you are going to resign in disgrace. Then you and your lover JoeyMerchant can go sail away into the sunset to never be heard of again. Please take ASADRIVER with you. He can be the cabin boy, the dirty little nipper.:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back