Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA phone interview and failed checkride?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwings402

Hi,

I failed a oral for my CFI with the feds about 6 years ago. Last year I did a ASA phone interview and they asked about failed checkrides, I said I had one. Is this a deal breaker? (I did'nt interview over the phone very well otherwise, just did'nt have good answers lined up). I can't imagine they'd hold this against me?

Thanks

I don't think so, unless you told them you showed up drunk and couldn't even spell CIF, or IFC, or CFI.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

i seriously doubt it. i was hired by asa and i had told them i failed a checkride during the "pre interview". so if they didnt send you an application i would think it was something else that was the reason.

I failed a checkride and still got on with ASA. Just tell them the truth and act like nothing happened. We all have a bad day every now and then.

Through personal experience, no it's not a deal breaker. I failed my initial CFI. The key is to be honest and explain what you learned from that experience and how it made you a better aviator.

Everyone has a bad day, and they understand that. Be honest and prepare yourself as much as you can.

I think as long as you haven't killed anyone lately and are breathing, they will most likely hire you....we need peeps badly.

g'luck

jj

Latest resources

Back