• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nevets- I'm already a Captain, so my "future" is now. I do appreciate the concern though. Just seems like you are pretty set on the pessimistic side of things, and no amount of factual information is going to point you to informed logic. There will be a huge amount of retirements and attrition, no matter how you approach the future.

It would have been nice if you were this bold BEFORE the merger went full speed ahead. There was ample time to back out by forcing the three way merge. It wasn't taken. Why the change in tune?

I have no qualms with PBS. The system works fine for myself, and many others. However, it's the trip construction I have issues with. PBS or no PBS will not fix this particular issue. Trip rigs, and other contractual agreements will.

If you knew who I was you would know that I was a HUGE vocal proponent of one list and I still am. I was on the MEC the first time around when we told ja and br to pound sand and if would have been on it this time around I would have voted no again!

I'm not trying to be pessimistic just realistic. Fact is no one knows what is going to happen. Did you knew that MEM was going to see less ASA flying for example? The fact is that PBS will make it that much longer to upgrade, even of it is only 3 months.

I'm glad it works for your future now mr captain.

Good post. If they come again at us with "we need to be cheaper", we need to get one list with skywest. That will make us cheaper while protecting pilots on all sides. We said we would visit pbs last contract, now we have it, so lets visit one list with skywest.

Come at us again?!!! They constantly come at us again and again and again with that crap! If they want to save money, then they need to merge all three airlines and get rid of all the duplicate positions such as COO and VP of Flight Ops, etc! ALL the reasons that br spelled out that make the ASA/XJT merger a good idea are the same EXACT reasons why merging all three airlines is a good idea. Until then, they can go pound sand every time they come at us!

Last edited:
Working the pilot groups against each other probably has more potential to keep costs down than duplicating redundant MGMT/operations positions, doesn't it?

Working the pilot groups against each other probably has more potential to keep costs down than duplicating redundant MGMT/operations positions, doesn't it?

Of course! Otherwise they wouldn't be running us separate. What I'm saying is that if they want to play that game, they can go pound sand when they cry poor. In other words, stop coming to us for financial help when you have two sets if everything running two separate airlines.

Last edited:
Good post. If they come again at us with "we need to be cheaper", we need to get one list with skywest. That will make us cheaper while protecting pilots on all sides. We said we would visit pbs last contract, now we have it, so lets visit one list with skywest.

If that ever does happen, there will be an aggressive attempt to staple us beneath SkyWest.

If you knew who I was you would know that I was a HUGE vocal proponent of one list and I still am. I was on the MEC the first time around when we told ja and br to pound sand and if would have been on it this time around I would have voted no again!

I'm not trying to be pessimistic just realistic. Fact is no one knows what is going to happen. Did you knew that MEM was going to see less ASA flying for example? The fact is that PBS will make it that much longer to upgrade, even of it is only 3 months.

I'm glad it works for your future now mr captain.

Come at us again?!!! They constantly come at us again and again and again with that crap! If they want to save money, then they need to merge all three airlines and get rid of all the duplicate positions such as COO and VP of Flight Ops, etc! ALL the reasons that br spelled out that make the ASA/XJT merger a good idea are the same EXACT reasons why merging all three airlines is a good idea. Until then, they can go pound sand every time they come at us!

Apparently you've done such a good job you haven't been elected by your peers to go back..............just an observation. You seem to be quite the self elected authority though, I'll give you that!

Apparently you've done such a good job you haven't been elected by your peers to go back..............just an observation. You seem to be quite the self elected authority though, I'll give you that!

I haven't run for anything since then. Any other personal attacks?

Expessjet pilots, please do not vote in a contract with PBS. What hearingnot hearing is all the people who are still asking WTF just happened. All you're hearing is from the guys getting of reserve or those with vaca. The rest are scratching their heads. It sucks, and I'm in the top 10 percent.

Not really. If that were the case we'dall be working three day trips with weekends off. Nice try. And don't forget all the three days have to be accompanied by a day line or two day to get the credit up. Just because suddenly you have commutable four days doesn't mean someone else isn't getting hosed with the junk pairings which are the new norm. Make no mistake, this lowers everyone's qol. I've never worked so much just to get 20 hrs per week in my 12+ year career.

Expessjet pilots, please do not vote in a contract with PBS. What hearingnot hearing is all the people who are still asking WTF just happened. All you're hearing is from the guys getting of reserve or those with vaca. The rest are scratching their heads. It sucks, and I'm in the top 10 percent.

If you are in the top 10% and hating life then you are doing something wrong. I'm in the middle and loving my commutable 4 day trips with weekends off. Never held a schedule this good under line bidding.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back