ASA pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigFlyr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FlyingSig
Interesting website that TAB is providing....

Did you know that a pilot who spends 10 years at a major will only make $53,640 more then a pilot who spends 10 years at ASA?

I was also not aware that a 10 year ASA Capt. made over $160,000.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled this off another thread. Can anyone verify this? Sounds like BS to me.

Assuming you mean total income over the ten-year period; I might believe the first part if the pilot at the major was furloughed for eight of those ten years. If you mean per year the ASA pilot has a HECK of a second job.

As for the second; if a ten-year ASA captain made over $160,000 in a year he made at least half of it somewhere other than at ASA.

Signed: A two-year ASA FO

Last edited:
BigFlyr said:
Originally posted by FlyingSig
Interesting website that TAB is providing....

Did you know that a pilot who spends 10 years at a major will only make $53,640 more then a pilot who spends 10 years at ASA?

I was also not aware that a 10 year ASA Capt. made over $160,000.

I pulled this off another thread. Can anyone verify this? Sounds like BS to me.

I can verify it. I verify it IS BS.

Our current top rate is $102.59/hr Do the math.

Thanks, I thought it sounded a bit optomistic to me... Only something an Aviation School could come up with.

BigFlyr said:
Thanks, I thought it sounded a bit optomistic to me... Only something an Aviation School could come up with.

Actually, in todays world it's more true than not. I've been at a "major" for 6 years. In three months I'll be furloughed. Started out making 25,000 and will end my last year at about 100,000. The next 3 to 5 years are worth about zero (less the money I spend to keep current). So, over my ten year "airline career" I'll bet I could have made about the same at ASA.

rudderdog,

Sorry to hear about your upcoming furlough. Good perspective though. I have some friends at a local turbo-prop frieght operation that have stayed over the last several years just because of it's stability and guess what? They are still there while I've gone from one furlough to another to another, in the pursuit of my "dream job" as a major airline pilot.

Last edited:
Just want to emphasize that I was pointing out the TAB web site BS and was not saying that a 10 year ASA Capt. actually makes $160K.... go to their web site, click on income potential and that's what they tell you....

Latest resources

Back