ASA pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

73belair

Had a trip CNX (leg to the overnight) and they sent me home. They changed my next day in that they DHd the FO and I out to where our over night was supposed to be, and then we flew our original leg back. So basically we had the DH added.
So do we get paid for the CNX leg AND the DH leg? Or do they consider that compounding? (even though it was 2 different days)

I would normally have said it was compounding (ie. leg-for-leg), but with the trip and duty rigs, maybe it is a little more complicated than the old contract.

Would the rigs have made any difference????

I would normally have said it was compounding (ie. leg-for-leg), but with the trip and duty rigs, maybe it is a little more complicated than the old contract.

Would the rigs have made any difference????

Not that I can see. Rig wise they have credited me correctly. The other bit of the story is that we pushed back for the flight, but broke after push back, which ended up being over 30min, then got CNXd.

From what I understand, you should get paid for the DH (since it was an entirely new flight number-which was added to your schedule.)

The block from pushback to the time you returned with the mechanical should be subtracted from the greater of your CNX leg or min day credi.

E-Trip is a horrible system for reflecting most of these values-they simply are not there. I would file a pay query and see what they say, but I am certain the above is correct. The auditors can see it all (I really have no idea why so much of this is hidden from us-it really saves the company no money if everyone constantly has to file pay queries.)

P.S.-The extra leg on your next day is only paid at straight time (not time and a half) as long as it was during your original duty period. Also-the credits you should get on the last day is either the min day or dhd plus actual block for the day (greater of.)

The current system doesn't not interface with Sabre. SUPPOSEDLY (is that a proper term?), there is some work being done to show all the credits, etc. We shall see........

You get the greater of your original trip credit for that day, or whatever you flew and deadheaded combined for that day. A deadhead offsets any cancelled flight, and can only have a higher credit if the block is more than the cancelled flight. You cannot compound.

Latest resources

Back