Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pass privileges extended to step parents...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is funny how effective management can be in pitting us against each other. I was a Mesaba Captain for eight years. My old travel policy put me behind all NWA employees on NWA flights for years. I never once even considered taking it out on a NWA pilot on the jumpseat for NWA's non-rev travel policies. I guess everyone has their own professional approach to each situation though.

Comair got step parents also, but does it really matter where will they go? Anywhere good is not worth flying standby.

I'd rather see step parents get passes, instead of "same sex partners".

As an ASA captain I will continue to welcome Delta jumpseaters as I always have. Never been anything but class acts as far as I have seen.

We will not affect change by starting a jumpseat war.

Coopervane,
I agree 100%. Those pilots need to get home and to work also and they did nothing to me. I will welcome a Delta jumpseater any day of the week on my flight deck.

It is funny how effective management can be in pitting us against each other. I was a Mesaba Captain for eight years. My old travel policy put me behind all NWA employees on NWA flights for years. I never once even considered taking it out on a NWA pilot on the jumpseat for NWA's non-rev travel policies. I guess everyone has their own professional approach to each situation though.

Don't sweat this place. Pilots have been saying crap like this for years, and not once have I ever heard of one of these Captains following through with their threat at ASA.

It's just bait and nothing more.

Very nice addition to our pass rider privileges with the addition of 2 more pass riders for step parents. When all the others, 9E in particular, are 'loosing' ASA gets a nice enhancement.

Their Priority is S4 on mainline. That means that they will be competing for a seat with Buddy passes. Longest Seniority wins.

Buddy pass costs have skyrocketed also. I heard someone call the Buddy passes as "Lose a Friend passes," because they cost more and they will never get on. It is cheaper to buy a ticket on the internet.

Uh no they don't own it, but why would you deny someone trying to get to work or home as this isn't their fault. This is Delta mgmts fault. You're going to take it out on the pilots? Just remember you deny one and they word gets around quickly and then they start doing the same to us because someone is upset. Something to think about...

I wasn't suggesting it would be a good idea. I was just confused about why that guy would love to watch him refuse a Delta guy. There wouldn't be any fireworks. It's captain's discretion.

For the record, I think a jumpseat "war" would be a really really bad idea.

Latest resources

Back