• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA..pardon me...Atlantic Southeast KCLT Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree completely. Our cost will only decrease if we grow. We won't be a United/Delta only carrier for much longer.

Yeah we all know that. It's the second part of your post that I think is all baseless rumor. The only thing I've heard in the past month that makes good sense is Skywest securing additional 70seat aircraft for DELTA to meet our delta margins. However, iIn the past week I've heard that we're buying comair, not buying comair but buying pieces of comair, buying mesa, not buying mesa but buying their pieces, merging with compass, not merging with compass, and now a CLT base which I'm guessing is USAir territory.

I hope that you and 777forever are right. But coming on here and randomly posting new airlines and bases without any real substance to back it up is pretty sick considering a lot of people's jobs depend on it.

Last edited:
You do realize there won't be any public announcement tomorrow, yes?

Of course not. Did I say there was going to be?

All you're doing is annoying everybody more than you usually do. CLT doesn't even make sense. Skywest will only give us just enough to meet our delta margins.

It won't make sense until you get the big picture of what's going on. KCLT for ASA and KPHX for Skywest are coming. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

Last edited:
Of course not. Did I say there was going to be?

It won't make sense until you get the big picture of what's going on. KCLT for ASA and KPHX for Skywest are coming. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

"when" could be 5 years from now bro. Mesa is more than a freedom contract. Either way, I hope you're right. I just hope your source isn't from the training department or a mechanic.

Last edited:
I just hope your source isn't from the training department or a mechanic.

Why do you hope it is not one of these? I for one hope so. Don't you think they would be among the first to know? I mean with having to prepare the mx department and trng dept for future changes, I certainly think they would know.

Why do you hope it is not one of these? I for one hope so. Don't you think they would be among the first to know? I mean with having to prepare the mx department and trng dept for future changes, I certainly think they would know.

Yes because everyone knows that IPs are the foremost source of solid factual information when it comes to future corporate endeavors.

Yeah we all know that. It's the second part of your post that I think is all baseless rumor. The only thing I've heard in the past month that makes good sense is Skywest securing additional 70seat aircraft for DELTA to meet our delta margins. However, iIn the past week I've heard that we're buying comair, not buying comair but buying pieces of comair, buying mesa, not buying mesa but buying their pieces, merging with compass, not merging with compass, and now a CLT base which I'm guessing is USAir territory.

I hope that you and 777forever are right. But coming on here and randomly posting new airlines and bases without any real substance to back it up is pretty sick considering a lot of people's jobs depend on it.

I'm not randomly posting bases. I wasn't the author of the post.

However, I'm just saying that it would make business sense, and like everyone else here, I look at what I see, and deduct my own conclusion as to the future.

What's more sick Abernathy, speculating or chasing a quick two year upgrade to get in front of everyone else in an effort to move on? I could have gone to Mesa and lived in my home town. I chose not to. Instead, I chose the airline I'm at now, at the expense of a quick upgrade. The payoff is/was just this sort of situation- working for an airline that is the hunter, and not the hunted. Sorry you feel that way.

Do I take great joy in Mesa's demise- absolutely! However, I do not take great pleasure in seeing how poor management, scumbag business tactics, and harsh labor practices impacted those that work there. It's my sincerest hope that the pilots there land on their feet and find employment at a company that holds appreciation for their tallents, sacrifices, and their skills.

Latest resources

Back