ASA or American Eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jeroom

I have been in the pool at ASA for a while, I heard maybe in a few months that hiring might start again...In the meantime, I am going to Dallas to interview with AE...If I get selected, then it will be my choice: wait for ASA or go direct to AE??
I can't decide myself about it...It's a first regional job, i fly corporate now, different plane...different world, and not too consistent.

If anyone has its 0.02 cents to add to this thread about who to go with and why...I 'll certainly appreciate it.

Ive heard AE averages about a 7 year upgrade time right now so if a quick upgrade time is what you are seeking don't go to AE. However there has been speculation that AA will began recalls in the later half of the year which could possibly help the upgrade time out... who knows though... good luck

I had the same choice and I chose Eagle because:

I can live in a base that I want
I don't commute
Who knows what's up with Skywest/Delta/ASA?

I figure that after a year I will assess my situation, but as of right now (and that's all that you can really count on) I'm happy at Eagle. At this point I don't know where else I'd go anyway. Maybe AWAC, but they are no longer where I want to be geographically. Good luck with the choice and make sure that you ask lots of questions.

Check forums.eaglelounge.com for plenty of Eagle-related bitching!

1. Where do you want to live? (this is a different job for those of us who commute).

2. Take the first new hire class you can get if #1 isn't an issue.

Good luck

Well, I'm in Miami. I know if I choose AE and the ATR SJU is available at time of class, then I can ask for MIA after a while. Otherwise, ASA in ATL is not to bad to commute from MIA...

eagle pilots are slightly less disgruntled than ASA pilots....on top of that, their contract and work rules are better. Upgrade time is probably the only thing wrong with the place...but that could change overnight...

I left Eagle after 6 years, but loved it there. They have had there bad time and there good. You take a gamble on anywere you go. Todays top is tomorows trash..."Comair" ( I bet I will get flamed for that one!!) Truth be said some people turn down Eagle to go to other's, only to be out of a job years later. Eagle is a safe place ot be long term.

amcnd said:
Truth be said some people turn down Eagle to go to other's, only to be out of a job years later. Eagle is a safe place ot be long term.

That's one thing that I worry about...and no one knows how the Delta,SKW,ASA deal is going to end.
I think I just made my choice there. Thanks guys for your posts. And thanks also for the eaglelounge address, didn't know that one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back