ASA on SkyWest/UAL Jumpseat?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

Now that we're one big happy family can an ASA pilot ride the jumpseat on the United side?

I'll most likely be attempting DEN-COS Saturday and it looks like SkyWest does the majority of that route. I'd imagine a CRJ would be weight limited on that leg so it might not matter but I'm curious.

It's a 70 seat route, so probably not weight restricted. However, sitting up front is not gonna happen. Your employment still needs to be verified, and you aren't on our systems yet.

I believe if it is a Delta Connection flight and you work for ASA that you could ride up front....on all DCI carriers I think. I could be wrong though, but I know we can ride up front on Comair and Mainline. Like I said, don't really know..never tried it.

Well .....

I live in COS and do that one often, in fact, I just did it tonight. I can tell you that under their rules you CANNOT ride on a Skywest (cockpit) jumpseat that is doing the UAL connection thing. At least not by their rules. I would hope obviously that this would change soon as I have been left stranded several times lately.

As for Saturday, shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of flights, just start early. If I really wanted to get there though, I'd rent a car in DEN and just drive down. If you were only going to be here a few days.

I am going to email our jumpseat guy about this situation. There has to be some way to fix this since we're owned by the same company. (even without CASS) Otherwise, I guess we could just deny cockpit jumpseats to any of their guys that are flying the UAL side. Naaw, I wouldn't do that.

Good luck.

BAT31 said:
Otherwise, I guess we could just deny cockpit jumpseats to any of their guys that are flying the UAL side. Naaw, I wouldn't do that.

Good luck.

SkyWest pilots fly both sides of the system. Would you ban a guy on the day he flies UAL code and let him ride the next day when he flies a DAL flight?:D

It has nothing to do with which side of the house you're flying a particular day. SKYW pilots are listed in the United computer system because we all fly UEX, as ASA pilots don't fly UEX they are not in the United computer. It is nothing personal. Even though Skywest is operating a flight we still use United's computer system. I would imagine that if your JS coordinator got with ours they may be able to work out a solution with management to get you into the actual on Skywest UEX flights.

Hi all,

I am the jumpseat coordinator at SkyWest Airlines, and the answer to your questions are:

ASA may not sit in the cockpit jumpseat on any skywest flight operated as United Express. The reason is, as previously stated, ASA pilots are not in the United system. Unfortunately, I don't see them getting into the United system until the ASA certificate is used for United Express flying. SkyWest, does not have control over this program, our gate agents use UAL software/computers.

Regarding CASS; SkyWest is in the process of getting our Ops Specs approved by the FAA, then we need to run some tests with ARINC on our system (TSA approval) and we will be up and running (don't know a time frame though).

I am talking with the ASA jumpseat chairman about changing our priority on each others Delta flights (Perhaps the UAX flying as well). It looks like CASS for ASA will be a long time coming though(speculation based on hearsay on my part).

Fly safe,

MM

Latest resources

Back