ASA mins!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tetauy

I just wanted to let everyone wanting to go to ASA know that the mins are now 2500 total with 500 multi unless previously employed by a 121 carrier. If previously employed by a 121 carrier then they are the same as they were (1200/200, I think). Good luck all.

You are correct! Their minimums are still 1200/200, however, that is not the competitive minimums. You are still able to apply and get your name in their system but you will not be called(what I heard). It used to be you had to have someone walk in your resume but now you also have to have either 121 experience or be at 2500/500. A friend of mine who flies there told me that today as he was trying to help me out. I have over 1600 and 500 and was told that until I had 2500 that I would not get a call no matter how many people walked my resume in. If anyone knows otherwise I would love to hear it. Good luck all!

You never know in this industry during these times but I am pretty sure it is 2500/500.

This seems to be the trend we are starting to see at many of the regionals. Air Willy has been interviewing higher times only and prior 121. There are many higher time applicants out there from furlough or other carriers. Keep plugging away though!!:rolleyes:

Wrong

Their minimums (AFTER you meet their flight minimums) are like everyone elses. If you don't have a letter of recommendation or someone walking in your resume, you don't meet their minimums. Just a sign of the times.

Humble

Last edited:
High Mins

ASA still hires flight safety pilots, so if you have a spare forty thousand laying around you can buy the job if you don't meet the mins.

I think most ASA pilots however would rather fly with another pilot who has been forloughed with experience or has more experience from another source.

I personaly am glad that they adjusted to the pool of availability it only makes sense. Every other company does it.

I was hired with 4800 and 3500 multi. Of the 30 in my class, times were mostly 3000+, most from majors like TWA, Delta, Unites, USAir, and regionals like Eagle, Allegheny, Mesaba, and Trans States. There were 2 FSI bridge programers.

They were interviewing yesterday......good luck!

Latest resources

Back