ASA - minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the aforementioned website:

"Pilots joining ASA become part of an operation characterized by first class working conditions, a reputation for safety, customer service, and professionalism."

First class working conditions? Have they seen the employee bathrooms lately? Crew buses that run on a "When I feel like it" schedule... Pilot pushing at an all time high... Airplanes carrying 8 or 9 deferrals... HR personnel that refuse to answer the phone or respond to an email...

Absolutely first class working conditions. Although the pay was lousy and the airplanes were poorly maintained, I was treated more like a "respected team member" at the fly by night 135 operation I used to work at than I am here.

First class working conditions, my ass.

I agree it isn't "first class", but 8-9 deferrals? YGTBSM! I have been here 13 years, and 4 is about the most I have EVER seen - and that isn't often. Lately it has been anywhere from 0-3 deferrals. Give the guy an honest report, not an exageration one way or the other just because your pissed off.

Bathrooms are disgusting, some deferrals (not8-9 however), and pilot pushing is less than many other places. The key is to act like a captain and not get pushed...

Last edited:
If you are fatigued, call in fatigued. If they give you an occurance and they try to discipline you over it, get a union rep and call the FAA. That'll take care of that.

Some guys complain that they fly fatigued but yet they complain that they miss our 3-day trips with 7+ hrs a day and <10 hr overnights. Can't have it both ways.

If a pilot wins $10,000 he'll probably complain about the taxes he'll have to pay on it.

Say what you want, people have gotten occurences for calling fatigued. I'm not talking about commutable three days, I'm talking about reserves being stretched out to six on-one off-six on with min rest.

"Free and Reduced Rate Travel throughout the Delta System"
from the web site

NOT FOR LONG... S3C on our own airplane if we are lucky.. Cant wait to get bumped by a retired Delta rampers illegitamate grandchild on an ASA flight

I agree it isn't "first class", but 8-9 deferrals? YGTBSM! I have been here 13 years, and 4 is about the most I have EVER seen - and that isn't often. Lately it has been anywhere from 0-3 deferrals. Give the guy an honest report, not an exageration one way or the other just because your pissed off.

Bathrooms are disgusting, some deferrals (not8-9 however), and pilot pushing is less than many other places. The key is to act like a captain and not get pushed...

I was given an airplane 3 days ago with the following deferrals:
1) Gen 1
2) Autopilot
3) Ignition system B
4) RVSM (due to AP)
5) Cat II (due to AP)
6) EICAS Rudder indication
7) Cabin sidewall lighting over some row (can't remember which)
8) Lavatory (for a 2 hr. flight, mind you)

I refused the airplane. I then had to spend 30 minutes on the phone explaining why the airplane was not acceptable while the sector manager told me other crews had been flying the airplane all day (which was a lie, by the way. The airplane had not been flown all day). So, no, I'm not exaggerating because I'm pissed off. Is that the norm? No. Does it happen? Yes.

And by they way, Tool Crib, ALL of my friends are outside of aviation. I have it better than some of them, and some of them have it better than me. Don't you dare lecture me about being spoiled or ignorant about the outside world. You know nothing about me.

Last edited:
I was given an airplane 3 days ago with the following deferrals:
1) Gen 1
2) Autopilot
3) Ignition system B
4) RVSM (due to AP)
5) Cat II (due to AP)
6) EICAS Rudder indication
7) Cabin sidewall lighting over some row (can't remember which)
8) Lavatory (for a 2 hr. flight, mind you)

I refused the airplane. I then had to spend 30 minutes on the phone explaining why the airplane was not acceptable while the sector manager told me other crews had been flying the airplane all day (which was a lie, by the way. The airplane had not been flown all day). So, no, I'm not exaggerating because I'm pissed off. Is that the norm? No. Does it happen? Yes.

And by they way, Tool Crib, all of my friends are outside of aviation. I have it better than some of them, and some of them have it better than me. Don't you dare lecture me about being spoiled or ignorant about the outside world. You know nothing about me.

So did you fly it or did they swap planes?

Classic

From the ad:

"Pilots joining ASA become part of an operation characterized by first class working conditions, a reputation for safety, customer service, and professionalism."

What a crock of $hit.

ROFLMAO

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back