Asa Mec blocks upgrades. True/false

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aeropharoh

Rumor mill says Asa Mec was approached by the company to award additional upgrades beyond the published vacancies and they said no due to the reduced bidding window. Anyone have any more on this?

If the Company wanted more upgrades they could simply have posted another position notice. You don't really want them to post 3 vacancies in a base and then award 30. People make bidding decisions based on where they expect they'll fall on the new position's seniority list. This affects line-holding, weekends, commutability, etc. and gets thrown out of whack when the posted vacancies are nowhere close to the actual award. As it was explained to me this is always a concern, but especially so with an abnormally short bidding timeframe. Despite that they gave the company leeway to award double what was posted (+3 per position).

Again, they can post s new notice tomorrow and not lose time; there are only so many upgrades they can train at a time and there are still classes that haven't started.

I understand bidding toward the best possible info available but upgrades are good for everyone. Even one more number makes an exponential difference. The union gets the mud on their face from this one and the company can point a finger when the short staffed reserves complain and say they did it. We play checkers and check mate.

I am truly surprised that none of you have picked up on the fact that this is just a play by the company from their Ford and Harrison "How to alienate the union from your employees" playbook.

This place is imploding and the company wants to deflect blame and make excuses for the fact that they have turned this place in such a crap hole that nobody wants to work here. Pop some corn and watch the wheels fall off. Summer '07 all over again.

I understand bidding toward the best possible info available but upgrades are good for everyone. Even one more number makes an exponential difference. The union gets the mud on their face from this one and the company can point a finger when the short staffed reserves complain and say they did it. We play checkers and check mate.

Again, the Company is not being prevented from running another position notice. They really should be doing them every month if any vacancies exist.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back