• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Mec blocks upgrades. True/false

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor mill says Asa Mec was approached by the company to award additional upgrades beyond the published vacancies and they said no due to the reduced bidding window. Anyone have any more on this?

That's gotsta be da most retarded thing I've heard on here.. Because our union hates receiving more dues so goddamn much they're going to block the addition of higher paid pilots.. You and the rumor mill are doofuses.

You really think Newie can afford that Cannongate membership without upgrades!?

That's why our standing bids should be percentage based. "Award only if I'm in the top 70%", etc.

A percentage based bid preference would help with the cluster fk prelims we always get. Would definitely be a nice option to have

But can you imagine how jacked up it would be if you threw in a math equation??? I laugh just thinking about it

Last edited:
I understand bidding toward the best possible info available but upgrades are good for everyone. Even one more number makes an exponential difference. The union gets the mud on their face from this one and the company can point a finger when the short staffed reserves complain and say they did it. We play checkers and check mate.

FAIL..........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkmate

That's gotsta be da most retarded thing I've heard on here.. Because our union hates receiving more dues so goddamn much they're going to block the addition of higher paid pilots.. You and the rumor mill are doofuses.

You really think Newie can afford that Cannongate membership without upgrades!?

Retarded, really? Call your rep and you'll discover the ASA MEC did in fact limit upgrades on the recent position notice. 100% FACT.

The company wanted 40 upgrades.

Retarded, really? Call your rep and you'll discover the ASA MEC did in fact limit upgrades on the recent position notice. 100% FACT.

The company wanted 40 upgrades.

If the company wanted 40, they should have posted 30-40 vacancies. Awarding 4x the advertised number is not how we really want this to work. They could have simply issued another vacancy for the difference in the following month and not missed a beat on the training schedule. I'd be upset if I was on the bubble, but I think the MEC was acting responsibly here, especially given the accelerated timeframe. If you want to be mad, be mad at the company for their habitual poor planning.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back