ASA - Mark Fisher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

No Delay

I just heard that Mark Fisher died from a heart attach this morning. It is not an official word but I thought I would share what little I know.

ASA learned today that Mark Fischer, ASA’s vice president of Operations Control and Reliability, died this morning near his home in Peachtree City, Ga.

"We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Mark Fischer. Mark was a great leader who dedicated eight years of his life to ASA. His enthusiasm, friendship and professionalism will be greatly missed," said ASA President Bryan LaBrecque .

Mark joined ASA in 1997 as vice president – Customer Service, Atlanta Airport, and served ASA in various leadership roles, before becoming ASA’s vice president of Operations Control and Reliability.

He was a veteran of the airline industry and grew up working for his family's airline – Fischer Bros. Aviation, Inc. – in several different areas, including inflight service, customer service, pricing and revenue management, and cargo. Mark negotiated the sale of the airline to Midway Airlines in 1987 and then worked for Midway as vice president, Customer Service. In 1992, he served as vice president – Customer Service for Piedmont Airlines.

Mark was an avid sportsman and athlete who ran every morning and was passionate about golf. He will be remembered for his dedication, integrity and his drive to ensure ASA’s success. Mark is survived by his wife Karen, his sons Josh and Aaron, and his daughter Devon.

I didn't work directly with Mark but I had several occassions to talk with Mark. He always seemed like a super nice guy. I was always impressed by him.

Anyone know any details? What happened? Services?

No Delay said:
I didn't work directly with Mark but I had several occassions to talk with Mark. He always seemed like a super nice guy. I was always impressed by him.

Anyone know any details? What happened? Services?

Check myasa for details and services. I believe he had a heart attack but not sure.

Condolences

No Delay said:
I just heard that Mark Fisher died from a heart attach this morning. It is not an official word but I thought I would share what little I know.

Sorry to hear the news. I feel for the family. I'm even more amazed that we're 8 posts in and no 'God speed'? What's going on here?

Latest resources

Back