ASA Loss of License Insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fsworld

Does anyone know where I can actually find details on this? Or does anyone know the details of it?

I don't know details my self, but every chief pilot is supposed to know. You get offered it on your first year interivew.

I asked for a copy of the policy before I signed up and got one in the Chief Pilot's office. It seems to be a pretty good deal. I remember that the elimination period (waiting period) is a lot shorter than for the ALPA LOL.

It's fairly useless. It pays something like $600 per month, and you have to be completely unable to perform ANY work to get paid. I know a pilot here who had a blackout, and lost his medical. The ASA LOL refused to pay him because they said he could do non flying jobs for ASA or elsewhere.

Asa Lol

John Pennekamp said:
It's fairly useless. It pays something like $600 per month, and you have to be completely unable to perform ANY work to get paid. I know a pilot here who had a blackout, and lost his medical. The ASA LOL refused to pay him because they said he could do non flying jobs for ASA or elsewhere.
That's for F/Os, Captain goes up, starting at $1200/mo if I remember correctly.

letthebigdogeat said:
That's for F/Os, Captain goes up, starting at $1200/mo if I remember correctly.

I think it may have gone up to $1500. And the insurance is for being unable to do your job as a pilot. So loss of a medical makes you eligible for the benefit. there have been numerous law suits against our old carrier Chub for not paying because you can still do something else, but I haven't heard any feedback on the new under-writer.

Latest resources

Back