ASA Line Values...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crj567,

Don't worry Obama is going to cut our taxes, he said so.

701EV

What on god's green earth are you talking about??

I have reference to that marxist freakshow we just elected.... I was just using the phonetic spelling-as pronounced by damn near everyone I have heard say they voted for him.

Last edited:
It's going to be more than a "few months".

It makes me cringe to say this, but I think that you are probably right.

My (worthless) predictions:

The broader economy will start to show marked signs of improvement in Q3/Q4 of '09. However, there always seems to be a lag between positive economic indicators and a series of positive events happening in the airline industry.

The best shot I have at a silver lining is that I expect that the economy will be vastly improved and the airline industry on the upswing in time for our next contract negotiations.

One thing to consider, completely independent on how you voted this year:

Raising taxes has NEVER improved economic conditions, by any quantifiable measure, in the United States of America.

Our government is dysfunctional and we are screwing with the future of our children at this point.

One more thing to consider as an airline pilot, whether you identify with ALPA or not: The precedent for a beat-down of the airline pilot career as has never before been witnessed is being set right now. Right Now.

The UAW is (fairly or not) being completely marginalized as we speak. With the next down-turn of the airline industry, there will loud calls for the airline pilots to go the way of the UAW, read: massive concessions, to save the airline. Just watch.

Scary times.

Latest resources

Back