ASA LAX prelim

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

79%N1

Looks like LA will be pretty senior for Capts, with the last # being 743, and very junior for FO's, most of them 1300-1500.

Who knows, some think this base may grow, some think it may close in a few months? At ASA, anybody's guess is good.

It could be just like the initial salt lake prelim where it went semi senior and then the final ended up being even more senior than that. I would expect to see the most junior FO with an 02 hire date when this is all said and done.

Interesting. The top 9 of us are all SLC. I thought for sure there'd be some surprise bid from a senior ATL person or two. I also know one person who's definitely bidding it that will be #9 as it stands now. I wouldn't be surprised if it changed a fair bit on the F/O side, but I'm curious if it will change much on the Captain side.

79%N1 said:
Looks like LA will be pretty senior for Capts, with the last # being 743, and very junior for FO's, most of them 1300-1500.

Who knows, some think this base may grow, some think it may close in a few months? At ASA, anybody's guess is good.

Number 743 is Senior? I was in the 300's when I left this year and I did not consider myself to be a Senior Captain. Unless you live on the west coast already, I would not be packing up the family for this small base. History at ASA for bases other than ATL are not good. ie.. MCN, DFW, SLC...

My guess is that many pilots were hesitant to bid until they saw the prelims. There is no telling how it will shake out until the Final Award is posted.

jehtplane said:
Number 743 is Senior? I was in the 300's when I left this year and I did not consider myself to be a Senior Captain. Unless you live on the west coast already, I would not be packing up the family for this small base. History at ASA for bases other than ATL are not good. ie.. MCN, DFW, SLC...

Didnt mean to imply 743 is Senior. That was the last # for the Cpt side. Most were double digits to low 300's. Just saying, some believed this base would be overall junior. Not so.

it did not go senior--the senior guys will lose 23,000 a year going back to the 50, and you know it is going to be early first morning and late duty out the fourth day.

;)I'm not really suprised....the top few could definately change, only time will tell!!! Hello LAX, beats ATL ANYDAY!!!!!!!

Enjoy L.A. traffic, 3 dollar plus gas and an uncertain future. While I hate to see the dog pile in ATL and push me back, if you bid L.A. and don't live there (or close) you are a fool. Fly safe- Rum

Latest resources

Back