Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Did anyone make it to one of the Road shows yet? I was flyin and missed the ATL ones. What was said? Any pilots hammer mngmnt with questions? etc, etc....

Wow! That will show em.

Can you say BOYCOTT?!!!!!!

And that does what? How in the heck is it going to help if we stay ignorant of what they want? I guess we just rely on the rumor mill:eek:

Tim47SIP said:
Can you say BOYCOTT?!!!!!!

And that does what? How in the heck is it going to help if we stay ignorant of what they want? I guess we just rely on the rumor mill:eek:
Tim, there is only a slight difference between fostering employee engagement and making an end run around our MEC / LEC. We have elected representatives who speak for us.

I just read the negotiations updates the other day. Management wants to increase CDO's and allow virtually unlimited back side of the clock flying. They want ready reserve (which could work with the right system) but don't want to give us a contract which would even allow for seniority based call out for reserve pilots.

As a line holder who has other responsibilities - I hate getting junior manned and extended. Every day off over 10 is simply short call reserve at time and a half. If you don't respond to the call you get your pay docked and an "occurrence" on your days off. Not only does this stink for the pilots, it is a waste of the company's money paying time and a half. As far as I'm concerned we must hold the Company's feet to to the fire on these sort of win / win issues. If the lack of pilot uniforms in the meetings helps send the message that we are serious about improving our QOL, I support it.

I sat in on one last week. I missed the first half so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything. But here were the highlights.

1. We need to be competitive. When asked about pay cuts, he said he didn't say that.
2. No word on pass benefits. But he was ticked off about a rumor on the internet. He did say that they hope to have something final from Delta in the next two weeks.
3.The company is looking into it's own inflight magazine. Paid for by the cities that will be showcased in it.
4.Concousre C final cost estimate is double what the city has promised to fund, so they are looking at ways trim costs.
5.They still don't know where Delta is going to put the latest order of rj's. Could go to ASA or skywest depending where they need them.
6.Much of the rest was internal issues that don't belong here.

Over all still the same feeling as when I walked out of one of Skip's meetings, I liked the guy but I'm not sure how far to trust him. I think he's got the best intentions for the company, but I'm not certain where the employees fit into the grand plan. Are we to benifit from this or is this just to benifit the company. I'd like to think it's for both of us.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I heard the concourse budget was cut in half. No escalators cause they cost $80,000 each and they were gonna put in like ten of them. Passengers still get to walk down stairs or find an elevator. The end around 36 is gone no pretty windows and the boarding areas at ground level won't look like the pictures at all. The overhangs for the aircraft are gonna be basic, not the nice architectural looking ones. Still gonna get the info boards and power and air at each gate cause they pay for themselves. Not sure about the employee level changes but probably gonn be chopped as well.

I love how managment says things like we have to be competitive but say nothing about how. Well, how about improving the moral with two of the biggest work groups in the company or better yet with all the work groups.
They have all the things they want to do yet havn't a clue how to do it.

People:

KoolAidTM is a registered trademark of the company that makes.....KoolAidTM.

We better stop using it here, 'cause when they find out, we gonna find ourselves in hot water....more trouble than even the RJDC can help us with!

What is the point?

If the lack of pilot uniforms in the meetings helps send the message that we are serious about improving our QOL, I support it.

I know that we are going through some tough times, but I am still trying to figure what the message that the lack of "pilot uniforms" will conceive. If you don't go to the source, you only get the propaganda. We should give the guys the benefit of the dought, and if it does not work out, then we can at least say that we made an educated decision.

We know what was on his mind?

Benefit of the draught?

Benefit of the doughnut?

I dunno.....

Latest resources

Back