• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA June lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll see what happens on the 21st-maybe it'll be good news.

Why is there a buzz around the "announcment" on the 21st? Am I missing something? Isn't it just some family day thing at A Tech where they are going to talk about our shortened name? Something else rumored to be going down?

Why is there a buzz around the "announcment" on the 21st? Am I missing something? Isn't it just some family day thing at A Tech where they are going to talk about our shortened name? Something else rumored to be going down?

Yeah, anybody who shows up will be asked to repo an airplane over to the concourse.

...don't forget to place 9999 in the ACARS so you get paid. :D

While I like your picture obviously 777forever, I think you're too much of a company apologist. Do you enjoy being worked over all the time by scheduling being on reserve like you say you are? It wasn't always like this. We'll see what happens on the 21st-maybe it'll be good news.

I thoroughly enjoy looking at the check on the following 15th after being worked like a dog. The paycheck is drastically different when a reserve breaks guarantee. Life was great on the 700 with breaking guarantee every other month. In IAD it doesn't look like a reserve will break guarantee anytime soon, even in the summer. Thats why I laugh when people constantly say bring the furloughs back.

The difference between reserve and lineholder pay is so different its almost basically two different jobs. It definitely tells you something when a senior FO crediting 90hrs and 300TAFB takes home the same amount as a reserve capt.

pay isn't everything...it's a lot, but it's not everything. i'd like to have a good life away from the job myself

The difference between reserve and lineholder pay is so different its almost basically two different jobs. It definitely tells you something when a senior FO crediting 90hrs and 300TAFB takes home the same amount as a reserve capt.

Do the math again. You are at least $1000 a month off. And if that is the case, I didn't see too many CA's on reserve tripping over each other to downgrade.

Do the math again. You are at least $1000 a month off. And if that is the case, I didn't see too many CA's on reserve tripping over each other to downgrade.

I can state for a FACT that you aren't touching reserve captain's pay as a first officer- take that from someone who has been in both seats under the same contract.

On the 700 you've got to credit 109 hours with 350+ TAFB to get to reserve capt pay. I've gotten close about half the time but you have to work hard and bid smart. Lately it has been more difficult.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back