ASA July 5 Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
It depends on whether or not we at DL really need the cash, and I would think they would go back to the employees first before they give up DCI. Maybe they will sell if the price is right.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, DAL can sell ASA and CMR and still keep DCI. If ASA and/or CMR are sold the only thing that would immediately change is the ownership of those two airlines. Operationally, I am sure, they would continue to provide small jet lift to DCI.

I worked for Delta before being laied off, I worked in Ops and if I remember correctly, Delta buys fuel in bulk...so, the high cost of fuel cannot be the answer why Delta is losing money.....They need to get rid of most of the management; there is no need for "Senior President" or "Senior Vice President" and so forth,they also need to forfit the bounus checks and take a pay cut. That alone would save the company close to 5-6 million a year if not more. Cut the fleet in half buy selling the M88/M90 and lose the 732.

Selling ASA and Comair would give them more cash flow but they can also sell just one of the DCC and keep the other in case they do file for Chapter 11. So, that basiclly could give DL close to 2 billion in cash flow to stay afloat......

SkyWest could beifit from either or, with ASA a presents into ATL with routes into FLA that are not serviced on the United side and a few other cities. Comair would give us two extra hub in CVG and MCO with those routes and the jets.......

Who knows what will happen......

Flyguy801 said:
I worked for Delta before being laied off, I worked in Ops and if I remember correctly, Delta buys fuel in bulk...so, the high cost of fuel cannot be the answer why Delta is losing money.....They need to get rid of most of the management; there is no need for "Senior President" or "Senior Vice President" and so forth,they also need to forfit the bounus checks and take a pay cut. That alone would save the company close to 5-6 million a year if not more. Cut the fleet in half buy selling the M88/M90 and lose the 732.

Selling ASA and Comair would give them more cash flow but they can also sell just one of the DCC and keep the other in case they do file for Chapter 11. So, that basiclly could give DL close to 2 billion in cash flow to stay afloat......

SkyWest could beifit from either or, with ASA a presents into ATL with routes into FLA that are not serviced on the United side and a few other cities. Comair would give us two extra hub in CVG and MCO with those routes and the jets.......

Who knows what will happen......

Flyguy,

Well, I guess you may have missed the thread about what some VPs said in the last DFW meeting a few weeks ago for pilots. They said that the MD88s/MD90s will be phased out by 2011, and will be replaced by 737-700s (I assume the 732s will also). The 738s will stay, and the 757s will be replaced eventually by 739s. The 767s will be replaced by something the same size, possibly the 787. But, I guess this is all moot because G. Beck supposedly met with Airbus at the Paris Airshow last week. (That could have been just to rib Boeing) So, we are up in flux, but someone up top might know what is going on.

FDJ2,

I just meant DCI ownership.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee....
Thanks for the Info, i remember they told us back in 2000 the M88/90 would be phased out by 2005 because of the wt/bal issues they were having in PHX/LAS/LAX/SLC/LGA......

Still I am wondering what about the DCI.....are they going to go to the C90 or even the new "C" Series...what about the EMB170/190? will that be a wave for the Regionals??

Don't ask a Delta pilot which new RJ we're going to be flying, please. Thank you.

Oakum_Boy said:
Don't ask a Delta pilot which new RJ we're going to be flying, please. Thank you.

Yeah, ask Fred Butrell. He'll tell you the truth.....And, a Delta pilot is incharge of DCI---Joe Kolshack. I bet he knows......

Bye Bye--General Lee

OK, it is July 5.
[cricket cricket cricket]
I believe that we can all now agree that this ASA sale thingy is so much stuff, and I propose a ban on the topic until such time as news is actually published by a reputable source. In the mean time, please stick to worthy threads like "Hottest Flight Attendant".
Just my $0.02.

The biggest announcement ASA made when I was there was "the Bandit's are gone and we've ordered ATR 72's!!"

We thought we were cool because we got the ATR 72 instead of the 42 like eagle got.

Wow yet again...the "announcement" didn't happen! I'm so shocked! (yeah right). Come on talk about more important things like, when are we gonna get sun chips and animal crackers like the Big "D"!!! Anyone have a better date for the BIG announcement???? What a joke!

Latest resources

Back