ASA JP Morgan 401k Workshop Save the Date

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CTS

ALPA has set the date for the next JP Morgan workshop for February 21st and 25th from 9am - 12pm. This 3 hour workshop will give you the tools to build a more efficient portfolio using the JP Morgan plan options. This is the fourth year for the workshop. Past years have had great reviews. The venue for this year is anticipated to be the Renaissance Hotel at the Atlanta airport. Check soon-to-be posted ads for confirmation.

I have also been getting some phone calls about investing in 2012. You might find a recent interview helpful.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/317...tf-based-portfolio-strategy-for-the-next-year

Hope to see you in February.

Hell yeah!

SA: We are coming up on an election year. Will this be good or bad for markets? Are you positioning for different potential outcomes?
CS: We are standing at a crossroads. We can go the narrow path and rebuild on our country’s long history of innovation and hard work, or we can get on the highway of seeking entitlements and protesting every hard working American who has benefited from capitalism. The latter is much easier.
The ability of the US to recover from hardships has not been because of our government's actions but because of the will of the American people. I have covered the world and of all the developed nations, the US has the hardest working and most creative population. We have a winner’s “can do” mentality. However our newer generations are not always willing to put forth the effort. Instead we see protest for entitlements that they somehow feel that they are obligated to receive. This is our biggest long-term threat as it changes how we think about business and capitalism.
This next election could have implications on the stock market. The current President has had 3 years of on the job training with no prior real leadership experience, going up against one of two Republican presidential hopefuls that have decades of real business experience. This has to be good for US businesses, employees and investors. I do not think that there is much needed to start business growth at this time other than a good “we're behind you” speech from a President that actually understands how to run a business, versus protesting them.
There are individual sectors that would benefit from a changing of the guard at the White House. However being diversification-focused indexers, we are not as concerned about these sectors as we are about overall market performance. A Democrat vs. a Republican White House does not drive our model allocations but is fun to talk about.

More efficient for you or for JP Morgan? These are the guys that were recommending 'safe as cash' mortgage backed securities a few years ago. They want as big of a cut of your money as they can get. Remember that.

Scott

And thats why you have a brokerage link option.... I think index funds work great in there!

JP Morgan workshop... lol
That's funny. Here's how you can invest your money so we can all beneficiate from it (especially us!)
Never trust financial advisers!

That's funny. Here's how you can invest your money so we can all beneficiate from it (especially us!)

If memory serves the workshop is put on by a fee only financial planner that isn't associated with JP Morgan. He just covers the options in the ASA (XJET-CRJ now I guess) 401K program.

I couldn't agree with you more.

http://www.wiserinvestor.com/the-cruel-world-of-financial-advice/

"The problem with financial advice comes down to this fact: advice should be paid for separately from products and products should not pay the advice giver. And guess what, the overall cost of paying for independent advice will most certainly cost less than the expensive products being sold to you."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back