• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA JCBA: Timeline Thoughts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will probably take concessions. We are truly spineless. 85% of our pilots plan on spending only a handful of years here,
(We are about to be a special kind of screwed.)

Huh? I don't think anyone is under that kind of illusion these days. A junior CA has been here over 8 years!

Let's think positive. I'm a six-year Capt. at XJT and am currently getting paid $4.46 less per hour than what I should be making due to our concessionary contract. My current concessionary rate is $2.00 more than what APC says a six-year ASA 200 Capt. makes. I'm of the mindset that any pay rate increase must begin at our non-concessionary rates. And 700 rates should be negotiated accordingly.

Not to sound smug, but from my standpoint, any contract they offer that isn't a marked improvement over what we already have will be voted down. We have the majority and we are already pissed off at how things have been run here over the last two years. There is NO guarantee that this mythical hiring bonanza by the majors will occur as fast as any of us hopes. Translated: we would rather continue to work under the contract we already have until something truly better is offered. Personally, I'm in no hurry to integrate unless we are really going to turn the corner and take this thing in a much better direction.

Not to sound smug, but from my standpoint, any contract they offer that isn't a marked improvement over what we already have will be voted down. We have the majority and we are already pissed off at how things have been run here over the last two years. There is NO guarantee that this mythical hiring bonanza by the majors will occur as fast as any of us hopes. Translated: we would rather continue to work under the contract we already have until something truly better is offered. Personally, I'm in no hurry to integrate unless we are really going to turn the corner and take this thing in a much better direction.

Well said!

I second that thought!

-Maybe someone on the negotiating comm. will see it this way. At least we do have a little leverage. The only question is whether we have enough sense to use it.

I second that thought!

-Maybe someone on the negotiating comm. will see it this way. At least we do have a little leverage. The only question is whether we have enough sense to use it.

That's just it, all of us line pilots at ASA & XJT can't control the ALPA machine. What all of us CAN do is to vote no if this proposal sucks. Face it guys, we can vote no until the sun stops shining.

Huh? I don't think anyone is under that kind of illusion these days. A junior CA has been here over 8 years!

You would be amazed by the number of people I talk to who are very much suffering from that kind of illusion. "The next hiring wave is right around the corner" and such....

-Again.

-You XJET guys really need to take heed. Our pilot group is full of these losers.

So what kind of $ do you think is a good opener. Xjt already has higher rates than asa even under concessionary contract. So get that back and some on top I'm thinking about 15% from current asa rates? Discuss.

Here's the 2009 pre concessionary rates. These SHOULD be the baseline, THEN the standard 4-6% per year till the JCBA is signed;

CA
1 65.28
2 67.24
3 69.25
4 71.33
5 73.47
6 75.67
7 77.19
8 79.50
9 81.89
10 84.35
11 86.88
12 89.48
13 92.17
14 94.93
15 96.83
16 98.77
17 100.74
18 102.76

FO

1 24.50
2 36.47
3 38.73
4 41.31
5 42.55
6 43.82
7 45.14
8 46.49

Pay rates are great, but how about work rules? You can make a lot of money on work rules vs. hourly rate. Is there a link for the Expressjet contract? Thanks.

So what kind of $ do you think is a good opener. Xjt already has higher rates than asa even under concessionary contract. So get that back and some on top I'm thinking about 15% from current asa rates? Discuss.

hahahahahahahahahahah!

Latest resources

Back