• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA interviews in February

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I for one will be departing eastward, probably for a year or more. Good news for poolies!

Otto Pilot: I have destroyed your theories, it took a while but I got ALL the toothpaste back into the tube!

~~~^~~~
You sure on the ATR Lease's? I thought they were good till 07 or later. If not, I sure would not have upgraded on it, would have gone over to the RJ.

chris

just another ATR driver

Correct me if I am wrong - I was under the impression that as soon as Big D had three quarters of loss, that the current scope concerning aircraft numbers for ASA/CMR went away until a new contract is signed imposing new(limiting) numbers.

FlyinT said:
Correct me if I am wrong - I was under the impression that as soon as Big D had three quarters of loss, that the current scope concerning aircraft numbers for ASA/CMR went away until a new contract is signed imposing new(limiting) numbers.

Actually, the new limits have already been negotiated as part of the DAL/CAL/NWA codeshare deal. The new limits are now up to 49% (depending on the performance of the company... right now I think it's 43 or 44%)

Of course these new limits were only valid if the codeshare was approved - which it was with restrictions. I'll be curious to see how it all pans out with Leo, Gordo & co. all ignoring these restrictions. But as of now the agreement is in effect.

OK, you're corrected ;)

This fulough issue is quite a mess. I doubt it would happen. Cant see them having new hire classes for the last 6 months, knowing that the EMBs were going away and us having a surplus. Just makes no sense. As far as displacements, yes i got called by our union rep, and he wanted to make sure that I had a "good bid" in, so I wouldnt get displaced. Well, that depends on where you fall in the seniority order, but I have heard some junior captains on the EMB will be placed as F/Os on the jet because they are to junior to hold captain. And in the contract it states that the company cannot displace you if there is someone junior to you holding a spot that you want. So lets say I want to stay in ATL, and I get displaced to DFW, well they cant do it, unless everybody below me has been sent there first.
Could be interesting....

Any one else get the call for interview?

Anyone else out there got a call for an interview, or know someone who has? How about any ATL EMB guys going through cross training on CRJ, are they nearing getting everyone to class or scheduled for class?

From what I have read here, the only hope for a new hire class this summer would be if they finish the ATL EMB retraining, but don't proceed with retiring the EMB in DFW right away. Or if a lot of folks get called up to active duty.

Some of you in Dec 9 or Jan 2nd class, how is it going? Should those of us in the pool stick it out???

Thanks to anyone with info.

How Many?

Hey exeagle, how did you hear there were 70 poolies? Last count that was going around was around 50, then they had a new hire class on Jan 2nd with 20 in there. That leaves around 30, unless some new interviews occurred that were kept real quiet.

Do you have a reliable source? Thanks

Re: How Many?

btflyer2 said:
Hey exeagle, how did you hear there were 70 poolies? Last count that was going around was around 50, then they had a new hire class on Jan 2nd with 20 in there. That leaves around 30, unless some new interviews occurred that were kept real quiet.

Do you have a reliable source? Thanks

It is 70 in the ASA pool right now, but they expect to lose half of those before we start interviewing/hiring again in 6 months to one year. When we begin interviewing/hiring again the company will send applications to the highest quality resume with a letter of recommendation from an ASA pilot who knows the individual (and preferably they want you to have flown with the person you are recommending). This is straight from Capt. Ellis.

Also, they are currently reviewing and restructuring the hiring process.

Latest resources

Back