ASA interviews in February

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotMonkey

As most of us who are in the pool at ASA know, hiring is on hold for at least the next 6 months. However, a buddy of mine just scheduled an interview with ASA towards the end of February. With over 100 poolies and no plans for any classes in the near future, why would ASA be scheduling interviews? Any insights?

I just heard from a pretty good source that we may begin hiring again in the summer. I also hear that we are converting a lot of 50 seat RJ's orders to 70 seat RJ orders. We will not be able to fit any more aircraft into ATL, so the expansion will likely be somewhere to the west.

Send lifeboat . .

Hey, sleepy, thanks for your post and for sending any more info this way if you hear it.

I am curious PilotMonkey, where you heard that there were 100 poolies, of which I am one, because there were supposed to be around 50 when they started the Jan 2nd class of 20 new hires.

I am still curious if anyone knows, or can find out a close number of poolies. I was a November interview, and some from my group are in the Jan 2nd class.

Thanks everyone. Any of you in class, remember how hard it was to wait so if you hear anything, let us know!!

Sorry, I am in the pool at ACA as well and got my info mixed up. Your number sounds more reasonable.

Well, in that case, I definitely think you should go to ACA. Especially if you interviewed with ASA before me!!

Have you heard any definite numbers in the ASA pool?

And you have a friend with a definite interview with ASA? That is curious.

Any poolies out there heard anything new since the letter from Capt Ellis came out?

Thanks

Sleepy,

Remember that in the Delta Scope clause ASA/COMAIR can only have a total of 57 70 seat RJ's. So, you and Comair have to split the 57 planes. No more than that will be allowed until the next contract is finalized---which may take years. I really think that 70 seater is cool looking, though. And, we do appreciate ASA allowing some of our furloughed guys over there----which will help you guys eventually down the road.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

General Lee said:
Sleepy,

Remember that in the Delta Scope clause ASA/COMAIR can only have a total of 57 70 seat RJ's. So, you and Comair have to split the 57 planes. No more than that will be allowed until the next contract is finalized---which may take years. I really think that 70 seater is cool looking, though. And, we do appreciate ASA allowing some of our furloughed guys over there----which will help you guys eventually down the road.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

You are right General, but management always seems to get what they want (in the end). I would guess that they will offer you something in return for more 70 seaters. Also, this does not mean that there will be any net increase in aircraft at ASA, just more of one type instead of the other.

The only way for ASA to grow is to stop the growth of Chit, ACA, and Skywest within DCI.

Sleepy, are you there?

YOur source that said maybe new hires this summer, what was that based on?

Capt E seemed to think there would be a pilot surplus with the EMB being retired. Has something changed or is no one bidding the 700 due to the schedules?

sleepy said:

The only way for ASA to grow is to stop the growth of Chit, ACA, and Skywest within DCI.

The only way for Delta to grow is to stop the growth of.............? Two guesses.

My two guesses:

1. NYRANGERS

2. Any other idiot out there like NYRANGERS

Latest resources

Back