• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any skinny? I hear their process is quite the rain dance. Almost as practical as expecting FedEx. Are they desperate yet? Lowering standards or expectations to fill seats? Tech gouge etc.... Anyone know persons on the hiring board. What's with this old school application process? Mailed me an application to ship back and await a review? A company like ASA and their still wasting paper? Are they that formal?

NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SHOULD SEEK GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT AT ANY DCI CARRIER- WE ALL SUCK!!!!!

ASA needs some quality FO's we don't have any left.

Excuse me? WTF are you talking about? There are most certainly quality FOs left at ASA. That's all I ever hear from the Captains I fly with. For some reason they always feel the need to reminisce about how great their last FO was. It usually worst for the first half of the month but gets better as the month comes to an end. Don't know why. I usually don't notice because I just figured out how to hook my iPod into the audio panel, but every once in a while I'll put down my magazine, take off my earbuds, and indulge them. Yeah, yeah your last FO was great. What's your point?

Excuse me? WTF are you talking about? There are most certainly quality FOs left at ASA. That's all I ever hear from the Captains I fly with. For some reason they always feel the need to reminisce about how great their last FO was. It usually worst for the first half of the month but gets better as the month comes to an end. Don't know why. I usually don't notice because I just figured out how to hook my iPod into the audio panel, but every once in a while I'll put down my magazine, take off my earbuds, and indulge them. Yeah, yeah your last FO was great. What's your point?

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! Thanks for the laugh today.

I'll put you down as my favorite FO if you PM me and tell me how you tied your IPod into the audio panel.....

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and duck now before the anti-IPod nazis show up.

Seriously, I'd like to know how you did it.

I'll put you down as my favorite FO if you PM me and tell me how you tied your IPod into the audio panel.....

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and duck now before the anti-IPod nazis show up.

Seriously, I'd like to know how you did it.

Radio Shack...1/8" (iPod) to 1/4" (Headset) cable...plug into ACP 3...or if your flying partner doesn't enjoy your Linda Rondstadt collection, 1/4" 'Y' cable and the aforementioned 1/8-1/4 cable plugged into your headphone jack.

Interviews today were being done by Stan Knight at Flight Safety. I did not ask the guys for any gouge but they were being lined up for the RJ sim. If you have any RJ time you should be far above average in the box.

You might want to look at "Questions, questions" sold by Kit Darby and Crew at Air Inc. I don't know if they are using that book still, but the questions would be similar.

It is hard to figure what turns Stan Knight on. I've done a checkride and an initial type with him years ago and still can not read him. He has always been friendly and easy to talk to for me, but I've heard horror stories. He is detail oriented and wants straight answers. If you have been at one, or two, 121 carriers and been through the process before you should have it wired.

ASA might not be a bad bet. It is possible the contract could be wrapped up (negotiations began again today) and there are multiple proposals on the table to grow ASA. You could be on the leading edge of that growth and International expansion which will be temporary to pave the way for mainline if we can develop a market. Many pilots are leaving ASA and that will accelerate in 2007. ASA might start moving again....

Flip side, US Air could buy DL and our 50 seaters could be dumped. Who knows.....

save yourself the trouble and just apply at skywest...wish someone would have told me that about 2 years ago!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back