Asa Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Av8tor91

Hey guys, what's up? I'm interviewing with ASA first week in June. Was wondering if anyone has any information on what kind of questions are in their written test and if they are still giving an aptitude test. Any reply will be greatly appreciated and good luck to all. Thanks.

Well, it has been well over a year since my interview but here is what i remember about it.

We started out with a brief overview of the company (history, status, rumors [cause no one knows for sure], aircraft types, etc...).

We then took a short written test that was somewhere between 25 - 50 questions I believe. To the best of my recollection the questions were similar to those that would be found in an ATP, Comm, or Instr written exam. I was told that the questions were made up by the FSI people. (We were never told of our grade on this exam).

We then did a one on one interview with a line pilot. (cant remember if they were IP's or what). He/She goes over your logbook with you and then brings out jepp plates. It was really pretty basic just real in detail. If you know everything on a Jepp approach plate you will have no problem. He/She will also ask a few questions about the systems on the aircraft you fly now.

We then had lunch and when we came back found out who was to continue on with the interview and who was to return home.

We then took a psych exam which each section is timed. There is no way to study for this. It seems like it was mostly them giving you a sequence and you had to complete it or something similar.

We all then piled into a little preflight room and an IP went over the sim ride with us. The ride was conducted in an ATR. Once interviewee flew from the right seat and his/her partner rode left seat as NFP. The sim flew great, very simple, very straight forward. No surprises. The profile was basically flying an assigned takeoff procedure, going to a VOR, flying an assigned radial outbound, engine out procedures in cruise, intercepting a localizer and shooting an ILS (both engines turning).

I can't remember anything else and I appologize for any details I may have left out.

Best of luck to you and I hope to see you on the list soon!!

Latest resources

Back