• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the best of my limited knowledge as a line pilot, ASA is running new hire classes, but we are not at this time conducting interviews. We are running the class/classes out of our pre 9-11 pool. I don't know when the pool will be drained.

I would hope that in the next few months we will again need to interview. We are pretty short on FO's right now, so hopefully that will help.

As far as what will be competitive, who knows. I think it will be pretty high time, but then again I don't run the pilot selection process. Having an ASA pilot walk your stuff in will definitly help. Keeps it off the bottom of a VERY large pile.

If you don't send it in, you'll never get called.

The reserve callout is two hours. Sometimes scheduling will try to intimidate a new hire, don't fall for it. Read and KNOW the contract. We also have different reserve duty periods varrying from 0900 - 2400 to 1800 - 2400. 99% chance your going to do the sim in Atlanta, we do have a E-120 sim in Dallas but it is mostly used for recurrent training. The leather jacket is real nice. Its a good quality and has removable stripes and name patches. You can wear it with casual clothes on overnights and look normal. Try going out with a trenchcoat on an overnight and looking normal, unless your aiming for that flasher look. :D

I have been in the hiring pool since mid July '01 and was call mid January to start class in Feb. If you had a interview scheduled I'd say its a matter of time. Unless the more qualified furloughed guys take your place... How knows, hope for the best.

will be interesting to see if ASA will make the furloughed pilots give up their ##. Would make it easier 135 transitioning to 121 like my if they did.
-dog

Latest resources

Back